The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default treeless

Does anybody ride in a treeless saddle?

I've ridden my own three (two TBs and a Hano) in an Ansur Classic dressage for the past 8 years. And it's been on lots of client horses as well. And some of my students ride in them.
    BIG thumbs up.
    Patience pays.

I also ADORE my Ansur saddle.....they're just phenomenal....and they have amazing customer service as well!
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Default treeless

I'm looking at "Nickers" 3 people at my barn really like them. One is a western and 2 are hybrids which have a pommel

I ride treeless. I have a Haflinger gelding who was a rather hard fit. I started out my treeless journey in a Barefoot saddle, but got a Sensation western almost a year ago. And I love love love it.

I recently got a used G3 Sensation dressage saddle which is great too.
    "My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well." -- Revan

Default treeless

I am looking at the Sensation English trail or jumping saddle
    Does it stay put?

I love my Barefoot Atlanta treeless saddle. I ride a lot, mostly trail ride. I can be in the saddle all day, and be totally comfortable.

I use a Skito pad. My set up works great for my horse and me.

My friend rides in Ansur saddles, as well as a bareback pad with stirrups - really comfy fleece one.

The ansur saddles were good in that they fit her hard to fit drafty type horses, but the ones she has tend to slip a bit. There is a whither pad to go under them for the horses with a bit of whither. When I ride in them, I find they can slip a bit, but the horses do go better in them than when she had treed saddles.

I have an Ansur dressage saddle that I use on my four horses. I like it and the horses go well in it.

I ride in a Bandos treeless endurance saddle, and my son rides in a Black Forest western treeless. We love them! They are comfortable for both horse and rider.

I have 2 that I ride in. My 1st is a "no name" and is super comfy for both horses & myself, never had any slippage. My newer one is a Bandos trail. I use a HAF pad with both saddles. I am having a little slippage with my Bandos so am working on tweaking inserts & girth. Both saddles are extremely comfortable for horses and I. I use them on a "stout" arabian, TWH, and my "shark-finned" ottb (I add a wither half pad for him). Check out the treeless yahoo group. They are very helpful and have a ton more information.
    Unicorn Dreams Wholistic Touch
    Proudly owned by: Kopper & Fuego~my super cute bay & chest Arabians , Precocious Leader~aka "Mr. Withers," my dark bay OTTB
    Lightning Bug~ RIP my b/w tobiano TWH.

I ride in a Sensation Hybrid by Nickers Saddlery. Love my saddle. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1685723434
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1685723434
    It is secure and comfortable for me and my horse. I can mount from the ground and it doesn't roll, although I prefer to use a mounting block. My friend sells them and she has thousands of miles in her English Trail saddle. These are surprisingly well made saddles and each one is custom made to your specs but, IMHO, the price stays very reasonable.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Quote Originally Posted by jillya View Post
    I am looking at the Sensation English trail or jumping saddle
    Does it stay put?
    A lot will depend on your horses particular conformation and which pad and girth you use. On my horses any one of the models I've tried on them have stayed put beautifully through spooks, bucks, and hills.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."