The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Winter riding boots. Tall Bogs, Muck? Recommendations needed.

Saw the other thread about boots, but they are sold out. Looking for winter riding boot suggestions, and came across Bogs and Muckboots. Not sure how either would wear, but would be warm. Other recommendations?

http://www.zappos.com/bogs-rider Not sure of those little metal rivets making contact with a saddle.

http://muckbootsdirect.net/equestria...ding-boot.html

I am petite, so I have shortish legs. Moutain Horse boots were way too tall and cut into me.

I have no experience with either of these boots for riding boots (I have the original muck boot) but the muck boot ones look much nicer. The Bogs look like they are more of a fashion boot and would not be very comfy to ride in (can you imagine putting your heels down!). But, just my observations! Hopefully someone else on here will have tried one or the either.

I have a pair of Dafna knockoffs made by HorseTech. They have a waterproof foot, are toasty warm and fit in the stirrups as well as my spurs fit around them and they have a spur block. The Dafnas are great but $$$, the knock-offs were around $90.
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

I have the original Muck Boots that they called Brit Riders. Looks like they made some improvements including more flexibility in the ankle. I found them very warm and easy to go over my 17" calves. Just needed a boot jack to pull them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
    http://www.zappos.com/bogs-rider Not sure of those little metal rivets making contact with a saddle.
    When you look at the other views of the boot, it looks like the rivets are only on the outside, not on the inside of the boot (so no contact with saddle). At least, that's how the other pictures make it look.

Other than that, no help!