The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any Sport Horse Breeding Classes in Wellington?

Hi!
    Does anyone know if there are any sport horse breeding classes at any of the WEF/Wellington shows?
    There are so many Dressage shows in my area, but I am only familiar with AHA shows so I was not sure if any of them offer breeding classes(they would be much closer to home then having to take him to North FL every time I want to show)...
    Thanks in advance
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Look for an announcement about sport horse shows in Wellington very soon.

Jos Sevriens told me the other day there will be one in Wellington in February (I believe). It will be sponsored by the North American Studbook and Spy Coast Farm, and will primarily be for jumping bred horses. I am guessing something will be published on the NAS web site as details are ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Jos Sevriens told me the other day there will be one in Wellington in February (I believe). It will be sponsored by the North American Studbook and Spy Coast Farm, and will primarily be for jumping bred horses. I am guessing something will be published on the NAS web site as details are ironed out.
    Hi,
    Figured I'd chime in. I attended the NAS Young Horse show back in May held at Spy Coast Farm in KY. It was the first so a "dry run" so to speak. It was not only for jumping bred horses but had classes for all - hunter, jumper, eventer and dressage. There were various under saddle classes, at liberty/ suitability classes as well as a jump chute. We had in attendance horses from all of the disciplines. It was very well received and in my opinion, it's very needed in our country.

The Young Horse Show series (3 shows) to be held during WEF is in the final stages of being solidified so as soon as it's all set announcements will happen. Again, it is for ALL disciplines and I encourage those to really watch for the announcement as I think folks will be pleasantly surprised by the prices, prizes, judging panel, etc, etc.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post

The Young Horse Show series (3 shows) to be held during WEF is in the final stages of being solidified so as soon as it's all set announcements will happen. Again, it is for ALL disciplines and I encourage those to really watch for the announcement as I think folks will be pleasantly surprised by the prices, prizes, judging panel, etc, etc.
    I heard that there is going to be an announcement this week that Wellington will host 3 young horse shows with in-hand and free-jumping classes. They apparently will be one day events.
    Last edited by YankeeLawyer; Nov. 21, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
    Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

Yay! I look foward to more information soon!! Sounds just like what I am looking for!!
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeLawyer View Post
    I heard that there is going to be an announcement this week that Wellington will host 3 young horse shows with in-hand and free-jumping classes. They apparently will be one day events.

They will be held at WEF showgrounds and yes they are to be 1 day events.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."