The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Crossed Sabers / SWAP / Celeita Kramer in news again

I cannot figure out how Kramer is able to keep this up, year after year after year:
    http://www.examiner.com/environmenta...sabers-stables

Maybe Tammy Rose (the author of the above piece) will be determined enough, and receive enough responses from former adopters and employees, to finally make something stick to end this madness.

One can only hope and crosspost this latest effort far and wide.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

FINALLY!

Wow. I hope this lady is able to accomplish what no one else has - getting that scam artist thrown in jail, and her "rescues" put in REAL rescues and foster homes.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

For those that don't have time to read the whole article or can't access it, the last paragraph is important so I'll post it here.

Barbara Boggs is a fighter and she has decided to seek justice. Have you been ripped off by Celeita Kramer? If so contact me at missmolly131@hotmail.com. Individuals have failed to get justice, but if you all join together we can ensure that Celeita Kramer does not scam anyone else. We have created a page on FaceBook titled ‘Celeita Kramer ripped me off’ post your stories there the more complaints and evidence we can gather the better shot we have of winning a lawsuit and getting the horses in her care into a facility where there needs will be the number one priority.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

WOW is all I can say. I wiped her off my contact list long ago, she wanted to come here with her horses when she had nowhere to go. Imagine that, a famous person coming to Sunkissed Acres.

I hope something is finally done and these horses can go on to new homes or to end there suffering at the hands of rescue.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Years ago, at least 9 years ago now, I agreed to haul a mare from Crossed Sabres to the new owner in SD (I did not know either person, was just looking for a rider as I was hauling an empty trailer to Montana).

Mare was supposed to be Standardbred, sound for light riding and currently used in a lesson program for one or two walk/trot lessons a day, quiet under saddle and got along with all other horses.

She was transported from the "rescue" to my place in KY. Got off the trailer with swollen, "lumpy" knees and dead lame. She immediately proceeded to bite and kick the other two mares in the small paddock I put her in.

I called the new owner in SD immediately but the outcome was that she took the mare anyway, $900 plus hauling for a mare that never ended up sound enough to ride. If I'm recalling this correctly, she tried to return the mare but the rescue either wouldn't take her or wouldn't give her the "adoption fee" back.

Does she have an alias?

I, for one, am not holding my breath that anything will come of the latest efforts. Celita and her ever present slime seem to slip out of the laws grasp all the time.

I couldn't find the above referenced Examiner article. Now I am curious. Been away from COTH. Howeverm someone recently PM'd me re: SWAP and I have info to share with whoever wants to pursue the illegal activites.

How very interesting. When I was looking for a horse last year I saw many rescues from crossed sabers advertised on Horseclicks. I've been a volunteer in dog and parrot rescue myself and was happy to consider a rescue horse. I looked at the CS application form and passed on that rescue. Why? It asked for my social security number and my debt to income ratio. Now I know that rescues want to try to anticipate any potential issues with an adopted animal, but nobody but NOBODY gets that kind of information from me. The application said something like the SS# was covered by a privacy act and I just LAUUUUGHED. I know that when I was processing applications the security of applicants' forms was a folder on the shelf in the living room. And to top that there was a processing fee required with the application. Really? You need my money to spend 30 seconds reading my form. PFFT.

I always thought it was too bad that the rescue was getting in the way of adoption with it's ridiculous form requirements, but now I see I would have likely gotten something other than was advertised.

Too bad for the horses anyway.

Paula

Whoohoo. Look what I found.
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...005506?sk=info

Is it worth it to report the page to Facebook to get it off there? Or does anything think it won't be worth the hassle?

This is a nightmare for me, I cannot believe people send horses to this. The poor horses.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

training 103?

I suppose you can report her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Went looking for that FB group (curiosity) can't find it, but did get this

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/pay_pal_s...om_our_account

BAHAHAHAHHA
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

The emoticon simply isn't big enough.

I pray for the day that we see a "SWAP Is Shut Down" thread title.

-le
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Come On!!! We let people murder their kids here in America!! This inconsequential liar/cheater/thief will NEVER get her due!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

I just contacted them about retirement board. If you don't feel horses are safe there, where else would you recommend sending a horse for retirement boarding?

Well, certainly not there!

what area are you looking in for board?

I sent the person who has been necroing all these old threads a PM. Hopefully he or she will confine his or her activity to one or two instead of flooding the off course forum with old necroed Celita Kramer threads.

Eta: The person who has been necroing (aka bumping) all these old celita kramer threads sent me a very nice PM and seems to be very genuine. I recommended a few COTHers I know in person but if anyone else has a recommendation please PM her, she seems very nice and just wants a safe place to retire her horse. If we could please treat her nicely that'd be awesome
    Last edited by Grataan; Dec. 31, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.