The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ARIAT STADIUM BLANKET - HOW TO re-FOLD?

I have one of those nice ARIAT stadium blankets with waterproof on one side, polarfleece on the other. It has folding pockets and a handle and velcro tie. The pockets are on one side, on the middle, and pointed OUT.....

There seems to be NO LOGICAL WAY to refold this thing!

HELP!
    "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."

Haha...had to go get mine out of my trunk..coudn't visualize it. Mine is not this years model, but I can't imagine they would change it.

Here goes...

Lay flat on ground with fleece side up.
    Fold blanket in 1/2. Fold in 1/2 again so handles & logo are in middle of the side facing the ground.
    Fold in 1/3's one end first, then other end over.
    You should have handles at top, attach velcro strap.

TA DAH!!
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Mine like this I lay flat and fold both outside edges in to middle. So each one folds in one quarter. Of courst this is with the handles/pocket on the midline and bottom. Then we fold it back and forth in the size of the carrier until it is over the right section. Pick up and secure velcro to hold it folded.

Hmm. Not sure that is clear but I tried.

Hey guys, it worked. THANKS!

While I appreciate the nice "blanket in a bag" concept, it begs the question -- what doofus designed THAT thing?
    "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."

Quote Originally Posted by BigPaintHorse View Post
    Mine like this I lay flat and fold both outside edges in to middle. So each one folds in one quarter. Of courst this is with the handles/pocket on the midline and bottom. Then we fold it back and forth in the size of the carrier until it is over the right section. Pick up and secure velcro to hold it folded.

Hmm. Not sure that is clear but I tried.
    I did it that way too BPH..then when I was going over my directions, I realized that I could just fold it in 1/2, then 1/2 again... six of one, half dozen of another . More than one way to skin a cat....lol
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum View Post
    Hey guys, it worked. THANKS!

While I appreciate the nice "blanket in a bag" concept, it begs the question -- what doofus designed THAT thing?
    Actually..when my kids were little, one of them had a "Quilt Pillow", it was a beautiful crib size quilt, then when they outgrew a crib, you were able to convert it to a pillow in a similar fashion, with one additional step. That's the only reason I was able to figure out the Ariat blanket.