The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Christmas stall decorating ideas needed

Our barn is having a stall decorating contest for Christmas (no hot lights, LED only) and, as BO, I cannot be the only one not decorating! So, I need ideas from you creative types.

But, PM ME the ideas. I have students and boaders who lurk here and I wouldn't want them to know ahead of time what I'm likely to do. A couple of them would delight in beating me to it!

This should be fun!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Oh, but I need ideas too! Myabe COTHer's could answer your thread and level the playing field?
    Come on guys, Sonesta shouldn't have an unfair advantage!

A Decorating Tip for Rescues:

And the stockings were hung
    On the stall doors with care
    In hopes that Ted the Peep 'Ho
    Soon would be there!

Couldn't resist adding in a plug for the Rescue SS!

I've wrapped my stall door in wrapping paper and put a big bow on my horse.
    I've also seen murals, wreaths, stockings, etc. I love to put big shiny bells on my stall door too!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

I was specifically told by BO, 'pretty Christmas, not tacky Christmas'. We hunt big wreaths on each of the sliding aisle doors (8 total). I did some rope Christmas lights around the eve of the barn. And changed the potted flowers to more Christmas tree like plants.
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Wink

Go to the dollar store they have the BIG christmas stockings and get glitter and put the horses name on it and put on the horses stall door.

I saw a very pretty sign of a horse dashing through the snow pulling a sleigh, with Happy Holidays written in italics above the scene. I was thinking of hanging that on the stall door this year. Now I just have to remember where I saw it!

Now Rebecca, your students would NEVER lurk on here and steal ideas for a stall decorating contest. Plus, you are way to busy to do this. I think you should have everyone PM me and I'll be sure to get the best ideas to you. I do believe in being helpful!

My fave, get a green wire wreath form :Use the flat side up, take bailing twine and lash carrots, fat side to skinny side all the way around. You can stick carrots in the wire around the outside as well. I do these for the stall doors.

Move over Martha!

After the Holiday,feed them the carrots, rinse and repeat next year.
    FMO:OMG I almost put my eye out hunting clique.

Last year we had a stall decorating contest at our barn and this year the BO said we couldn't use tape so that pretty much cut out everything, oh and we cant use staples (can't say i blame her for that). So this year i am going to find a beautiful wreath and hang it with some misltoe above his stall and hang a couple of stockings on his blanket rack and put another stocking on his halter holder thing, and hang lights somewhere....
    Proud Owner of the Famous Supernatural...or at least the Famous COTH-Missing Horse.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...e+supernatural

Luvthespots, don't think I don't know who you are! And after seeing your incredible creativity for the Halloween schooling show costume, I am certain you will not need any outside help to decorate your boy's stall!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.