The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3267
    West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Rumor has it that Alisija worked for Chase Harvill prior to being employed by Candace.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Ouch - just looked at their show fees! (maybe that's the norm and I'm just a cheapskate!)

So, WAS there a witness?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    So, WAS there a witness?
    Sonesta filed documents with the court stating that there is a witness. Additionally, in the deposition she says: "And when I represent to you that i have spoken to the eyewitness in this case [..]"

I have a hard time believing she would have done either thing if the witness didn't exist.
    "The [poster] was deliberately vague. It confused people. They started eating brownies and drinking gin and tonics. Welcome to COTH!" - TheHorseProblem

Did they tell Jean who the witness was?

I too can see the spot that Jean was stuck in. I think people even gave her credit for that here. Before it was fact (from her deposition).
    It is just hard to believe that someone would continue to twist thing so much in their mind when so many holes were punched thru her 'facts'.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Did they tell Jean who the witness was?
    No.
    "The [poster] was deliberately vague. It confused people. They started eating brownies and drinking gin and tonics. Welcome to COTH!" - TheHorseProblem

Quote Originally Posted by alternity View Post
    No.
    Glad to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by alternity View Post
    But what I see in the deposition is someone with a poor ability to distinguish fact from second hand information, or her own conclusions from fact. ...
    Sadly, I think this is common. People are told, or decide based on limited info, that X is right, and think this means X is a fact.

Just watch any Judge Judy episode -- "I know for a fact X happened because so-and-so told me it did."

I believe that most people are not so much evil, as limited in their ability to reason, learn and change.

Sigh.
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....

Quote Originally Posted by Anselcat View Post
    Sadly, I think this is common. People are told, or decide based on limited info, that X is right, and think this means X is a fact.
    Of course it is. This is what is going on right now with our political system. misinformation and exaggerations by both 'sides' are spewed out there and taken as fact, distorted, re distorted and then presented again as facts. In addition, American people have somehow lost the ability for critical thought. Or never had it but at least had limited resources from which to form their opinions. Not one thousand talk shows and internet sites posing as news.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    The first word that comes to mind is:

Yikes.
    After having read it, that's the mildest word that comes to mind about that depo, and about Jean.

And, just me, but I'm disinclined to think of her as another victim. If she were sixteen, maybe. As a grown woman, just "wanting to be liked" or to "be a part of the clique" is no excuse for her behaviour. To insinuate that a horse owner beat her own dead horse is horrifying - period. And to enable Candace and Alisija to have a voice (or voices, in this case ) on this forum that cast aspersions on the owner of a horse whose death they were responsible for,...................no, Jean doesn't get a pass. She played innocent and disingenuous in the depo, and continued to spread garbage all over the internet even after the depo, when Candace had already thrown her under the bus. Evil - just plain evil. And terminally stupid.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I too can see the spot that Jean was stuck in. I think people even gave her credit for that here. Before it was fact (from her deposition).
    It is just hard to believe that someone would continue to twist thing so much in their mind when so many holes were punched thru her 'facts'.
    Like I said - evil, mean and stupid. Hopefully, karma will pay her back for being all three.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    And, just me, but I'm disinclined to think of her as another victim.
    I don't think she's a victim or that she deserves a pass for what she's said, but I also ran into her occasionally at the barn when I was there. I have a hard time reconciling what I know of her to an image of pure evil intent.

Which may explain why I am somewhat sympathetic to her denial that Alisija could have done wrong and to her defense of Candace. It's hard to take an internal image of someone and twist it 180 degrees. Especially since I have seen how Candace and Alisija can present themselves -- and you'd probably bash your head against the wall if you knew how many times I gave Candace the benefit of the doubt or excused things about her that I should not have.

If I thought Jean was a complete victim or deserved a pass based on any of that, I never would have given any summary details of the deposition. But she is an adult -- no one put a gun to her head and made her say anything. I can be sympathetic to the circumstances and also think she needs to be held responsible for her part in it.

Cool

Well, since you've had the dubious pleasure of having met all of the "three stooges", I can hardly challenge your opinion.

That said, Jean puts me in mind of the irritating little kid in the schoolyard who teases, taunts and otherwise purposely enrages everyone she can, then runs and hides behind an authority figure who can whoop up on anyone intent on payback.

It is inarguable that Jean took everything that Candace and Alisija said as gospel, spewed it all over the internet, and viciously and intentionally hurt someone who'd just lost a horse in the most horrific way imaginable. Again, she doesn't get a pass from me for any of that. Should have used the brain God gave her for something other than holding up her hair. And exhibited a modicum of decency and compassion, instead of being so hungry for the limelight that she let her ego run away with her. Shame on her.

Well, since you've had the dubious pleasure of having met all of the "three stooges", I can hardly challenge your opinion.
    Well, you could. I'm a fairly reasonable person, of if someone beats me over the head with enough evidence, I eventually get a clue. It helps if you can steal my rose-colored glasses first, though.

Wink

I wouldn't presume. I've been around enough people with so much charisma, they could tell you they weren't wet, even if you had to wade out neck deep in a pond to talk to them, and you'd believe it. Sounds like Candace might be one of these.

Now, Jean and Alisija? Where those two are concerned, maybe I will just borrow those rose-colored specs of yours.

After having read it, that's the mildest word that comes to mind about that depo, and about Jean.

And, just me, but I'm disinclined to think of her as another victim. If she were sixteen, maybe. As a grown woman, just "wanting to be liked" or to "be a part of the clique" is no excuse for her behaviour. To insinuate that a horse owner beat her own dead horse is horrifying - period. And to enable Candace and Alisija to have a voice (or voices, in this case ) on this forum that cast aspersions on the owner of a horse whose death they were responsible for,...................no, Jean doesn't get a pass. She played innocent and disingenuous in the depo, and continued to spread garbage all over the internet even after the depo, when Candace had already thrown her under the bus. Evil - just plain evil. And terminally stupid.
    Nicely said.
    People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they're lost.---Dalai Lama

OMGiH, I've read it all... I think this thread should be the test of a true COTHer, read through all 162 pages before you post. Just think they'll be on the up and up on current COTH trends and COTHisms!

I hope Ms. Carr is now better able to cope with her loss. RIP Seattle.

OMG! This thread is not locked & closed. How is that possible? How are these people still in business? How are the crazy links to rants on their website still active? How did I even find this thread? Will I live long enough to finish reading it? I made it to page 90. Pray for me.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

3 members found this post helpful.

Ummm, the last post prior to yours was Oct. 5, 2011.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Ummm, the last post prior to yours was Oct. 5, 2011.
    Darn, I got all excited seeing this on pg. 1 again. Thought there must be a new developement
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

3 members found this post helpful.