The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast
    AlterMeNow Guest

Default Alisija Zabavska Granger - Anyone know anything about this Trainer?

She is now in Texas, but supposedly she is from Lithuania. I know she did ride for Lithuania in the WEG endurance phase but was eliminated at second vet check for lameness. I am interested in info on her as a trainer.

PM me if you have info.

trainer for what?
    if I recall, she was a junior showjumper (national level) as well as has been involved in endurance for a fair bit of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    Sometimes I'm thrown off, sometimes I'm bucked off, sometimes I simply fall off, and sometimes I go down with the ship. All of these are valid ways to part company with your horse.

I read that and I am shocked. I don't care about the excuses, horse had known issues and this was not a way of solving them. And of it's true, "trainer" is a sick individual. Color me surprised this has not been discussed.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

What is even more surprising is the she is being promoted as a skilled trainer.

"The RIGHT STUFF! - Our highly skilled Trainers at Callegari"

http://www.callegarihorses.com/meet_the_trainers.html

can also find it discussed here....

http://www.discussion.egyptianbreede...ly-horse-blog/
    Last edited by 7HL; Dec. 21, 2010 at 08:38 AM.

The website enough should be enough of a clue....but definitely second looking at Fugly.......

Not quite buying the coincidence of this new thread topic just a couple of days after the Fugly post. Just sayin'.

According to the latest in the Fugly comments, the owner of that poor horse has filed a lawsuit against Alisija Granger and Callegari. Good for that owner. If nothing else they'll have exposed her for what she is.

I have been retained by the owner of this horse and a suit has been filed in Harris County Court at Law #2.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Go get em Sonesta!!! I've ridden and been in Houston for my entire life and I have never heard of her. She does not look like much of a rider and those Western Pleasure pics are just horrid. I cannot comment on the "dressage" as I am just not skilled enough to see it but that posing is horrible.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Not quite buying the coincidence of this new thread topic just a couple of days after the Fugly post. Just sayin'.
    Actually this thread was posted over a month ago, and just bumped up
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Only the "trainer" and perhaps other witnesses know what happened from beginning to end, but looking at the copious amounts of blood on that tree trunk, I just feel such sadness, shock and anger for what that poor horse had to endure during its final "training" session at the hands of this woman

Sonesta, I'm so glad that this woman has you in her corner. I'm already feeling better about the outcome.

May the eventual outcome of all of this bring the poor owner some sort of peace about the situation. My thoughts are with her, as I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    The youtube video was also posted about a month ago. That is likely where and why the thread was originated.

If the circumstances are as stated, there is NO excuse whatsoever for the person responsible. NONE.

That person should NEVER ever handle another horse again.

This kind of crap needs to end for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I read that and I am shocked. I don't care about the excuses, horse had known issues and this was not a way of solving them. And of it's true, "trainer" is a sick individual. Color me surprised this has not been discussed.

Terri
    What exactly are you reading? I can only see all the comments and have to piece together parts of the alleged story. Is there a certain post that tells the whole story in a cohesive fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    I have been retained by the owner of this horse and a suit has been filed in Harris County Court at Law #2.
    GIT-R-DUN Sonesta!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    What exactly are you reading? I can only see all the comments and have to piece together parts of the alleged story. Is there a certain post that tells the whole story in a cohesive fashion?
    on the Egyptian breeders board linked above...

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I bumped it. The info was making the rounds elsewhere. If there hadn't already been a topic started I would have created one.

Didn't want this one to slip by.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    GIT-R-DUN Sonesta!!!
    Laughing
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

I can't find where anyone who WITNESSED it says the horse was beaten? Am I missing something?

I can believe the horse was tied to a tree, went around and was snubbed tight and beat it's head against the tree. Head wounds bleed a lot, horses have a lot of blood.

Has anyone ever seen a horse that got tied tight panic? How hard and blindly they fling their heads? I have, it's frightening! Seen one where had the horse not been on the longer line he would have beat his head against the metal hitching post he was tied to! He was flipping out, flinging around, down, up, so close to hitting his head several times, thank God the rope had about 3 feet between him and the metal hitching post!

I think it was ignorance on the trainers part to tie a horse with known tieing issues up, a sad tragic mistake.

Now if someone can show me where witnesses have said the owner was whipping the horse, or if the neucropsy showed whip wounds (all it states is horse died from head trama) then we have a different story on our hands.

But so far, I will admit though that I have probably overlooked it, it's all been people saying the horse was whipped because of all the blood, which could have come from one good hit against the tree in the horses blind panic to get free.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.