The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Swedish stallions - Entheos / Elektron?

I am looking at a mare who is by a TB stallion out of a Swedish mare by Entheos (by Elektron).

Can anyone tell me about Entheos or Elektron - good dressage sires / disposition?

TIA!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Go here and look.
    This is a very useful Swedish website with good English, and has just about all the information you could ever want to know.
    http://www.blup.se/en-US/pages/short_intro

From a search, Entheos is listed but they have no information on him as he is foreign. He was a 1987 model. They have him owned by Holly Simensen There are two Elektrons listed. One is a 1968 model, so likely to be the one.
    http://www.blup.se/en-US/horses/4659-elektron
    They list quite a few offspring, so you could look them up. He is the sire of Entheos. He appears to have been exported to the US, so they really don't have much information on his get except their registrations.

So now you are left with personal anecdotes.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Nov. 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

You could probably contact Holly Simenson through the GOV office or someone here might be able to get you in touch. I believe that she sold this stallion to someone in Illinois? Wisconsin? Maybe one of those. I kind of think he may have had an injury at a certain point, bc I think when I say him he had some age and was being brought back by a junior who was getting the opportunity to compete him at the upper levels, where he had experience. He was handsome and very well behaved. Not huge, lovely neck. I'm not sure how far he went in dressage, but I'm pretty sure he was FEI. In the barn, you could tell the junior rider and everyone grooming, feeding etc. for that barn of horses all really liked him a lot and he was very social. I didn't see his rides, but nice walk

The Swedish office, SWANA, could probably put you in touch with his owner after Holly S- if I'm remembering all this correctly. I was at an inspection years back with a yearling by him who was pretty big but had that same lovely, long neck and was going to be targeted for hunters. Also very well behaved yearling, but very experienced horsewoman handling him. His trot was more hunter and was scored accordingly, but he was lovely in type and got high marks.

I know nothing about Entheos' offspring, but one of my NAYRC teammates rode him at the Championships, and he had a lovely, generous character. Of all of our horses, the active breeding stallion was the only one who stood through the (wild!) award ceremony - our geldings all lept around