The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Spin of Spin: The Tacky of the Future

OK, people, time to move on to prognostication:

Of the stuff around now, what will be the Tacky of the future?

The 2010 version of petal bell boots.

The 2010 version of purple and teal.

ETA: And to make this fun, you need to lay some virtual money on the virtual table. Think of your bet as indicating your measure of confidence.

It's hard to say. But I will put an expensive steak dinner on those baboon-butt patched full seat breeches.
    Last edited by mvp; Nov. 15, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

speed airs

Those block-colored Joules polo shirts with numbers on them. Hideous! I can't believe people actually buy them. I hope no one shows in them but I fear they do.

I like petal bell boots.
    ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...
    *~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*
    Proud member of the artists clique

Riding "tights". Unless you are eight, those just. should. not. be worn in public. Mvp, I'd see your steak dinner and raise you a nice bottle of Malbec, but I have to say, you beat me to it on the baboon pants. Ick. I sure hope they are comfortable because they certainly aren't flattering on anyone.
    Please don't sabotash my conchess.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Haalter View Post
    Riding "tights". Unless you are eight, those just. should. not. be worn in public. Mvp, I'd see your steak dinner and raise you a nice bottle of Malbec, but I have to say, you beat me to it on the baboon pants. Ick. I sure hope they are comfortable because they certainly aren't flattering on anyone.
    Tights and baboon pants were high on my list, too... so I'll see the steak & Malbec and raise you both an after dinner Remy Louis X11 or L'Esprit de Courvoisier, as you prefer.

To that, I will add the plethora of plastic boots that seem to have replaced the traditional leather open fronts and ankles due to people's laziness with respect to cleaning tack. Not at all unlike petal boots, ugh.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

What will be tacky in the future is the riding jacket you bought last year. Which is why I only buy a riding jacket that is very dark brown, conservative, no pinstripes, no contrasting lining, no NOTHING. Plain. And I don't care. Bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post

It's hard to say. But I will put an expensive steak dinner on those baboon-butt patched full seat breeches.

THANK YOU!
    I can't handle the baboon butt.
    Not many other people have agreed with me when I have mentioned it in the past.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Those gawd-awful Nike and Tretorn tall boots. And why stop at magnetic stirrups? We could scoff at bascule and have magnetic saddles. That way the baboon butt riding tights could have a purpose if they made those cheeks magnetic. Although, posting would be interesting, so lets all just perch from 2010 on.....

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by AndNirina View Post
    Those gawd-awful Nike and Tretorn tall boots. And why stop at magnetic stirrups? We could scoff at bascule and have magnetic saddles. That way the baboon butt riding tights could have a purpose if they made those cheeks magnetic. Although, posting would be interesting, so lets all just perch from 2010 on.....
    Those boots are tacky already

Colored linings in hunt coats. I can't afford to raise y'all steak and wine, so how's Chipotle?
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    Tights and baboon pants were high on my list, too... so I'll see the steak & Malbec and raise you both an after dinner Remy Louis X11 or L'Esprit de Courvoisier, as you prefer.

To that, I will add the plethora of plastic boots that seem to have replaced the traditional leather open fronts and ankles due to people's laziness with respect to cleaning tack. Not at all unlike petal boots, ugh.
    Wait a sec. You can't *raise me* while betting on the same thing-- the baboon butts.

Now, I do think you are right about the plastic boots. At home, sure. Heck, use your Ulsters if you want to.

At a non-muddy show?

What were you thinking?

And what were you thinking by using something other than the traditional dark baghide and thin fleece version Beval used to make?

I still have mine. I rarely use them. That's my insurance against future tackiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Those boots are tacky already

Colored linings in hunt coats. I can't afford to raise y'all steak and wine, so how's Chipotle?
    Mmm. Chipotle. I do wonder how long it will take for loud colored linings to go away. That's because I dig 'em now. But then I also had teal chaps....

See this is the point of the thread. Crap you like... and yet could be wrong about because you had, after all, liked crap in the past.

But again to the "sure thing." I'll bet you a tank of diesel that those Guernini boots-- you remember those baroque and *too short* tall boots-- have a shelf life of 3 years or less.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

The new sweaters by Joules (I think) they look like something off a clown in the 80's. Particularly the one with one blue cuff and one red cuff as well as multi colored buttons. Seriously some things should be left in the 80's.

But people will by them...because they are by Joules

http://www.doversaddlery.com/joules-...20945/cn/4607/

Although I love this one!

http://www.doversaddlery.com/joules-...20948/cn/4607/

The other is the Newmark shirts...because I want to dress just like my horse...

I can't raise anything...I'm poor!

I can't imagine putting this on my horse. The Joules blanket and turnout sheet.

Now this is tacky: http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=141469990

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Are we allowed to vote for things we'd like to see gone? Because, after all, if it doesn't match my taste it needs to be gone.

Hunt coats with piping and shiny metal buttons. In an eq final. One can only hope. I've lived through the era of velvet collars and seen that fade so perhaps these will die a similar death.

Padded bridles, though they do help to minimize a grande head. I get flashbacks to the white-lined dressage bridles of yore.

Extremely blingy belts for the simple reason that belt fashions seem to come and go.

Fake tails in the style of QH congress. Please.

Will confess to showing eq/o in plastic EquiFit boots at a county-level show. The other option was a set of extremely fuzzy boots that I bought, sheep-like, when I went back to showing o/f. It really bothered me, tho, and I recently purchased a set of leather thinline boots after hauling the other ones off to the tack resale store. I don't even like the leather ones with elastic straps that are some color besides brown.

I will bet an order of tortilla soup and a bowl of taco chips with excellent salsa and the Mexican joint around the corner.

I bet in just a few years the show shirts with patterned cuffs/collar will be considered tacky. Or maybe they are now and I'm the tacky one. I'm hoping that in the future it will be super tacky to have your hair in a ponytail hanging out of your helmet. While I think that is tacky now, lots of people seem not to think so

Although these gals are extremely built well - these things "DO" need to go! (just agreeing with you)

http://www.doversaddlery.com/fits-th...X1-35254/cn/2/

http://www.doversaddlery.com/f.i.t.s...X1-35442/cn/2/

http://www.doversaddlery.com/kerrits...x1-35362/cn/2/
    Last edited by doublesstable; Nov. 15, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

Super slow hunter rounds. It's not western pleasure let's let the ponies actually reach the fences at a decent pace.

Okay someone needs to bring the veggies - or should I raise you a bottle of Cakebread - - Now this thread is making me hungry OR since I don't want to cook, how about going to Mortons..... (not that I'm confident in my choice - but I just like the place)

The Kensington checkered stuff in pink, purple and neon green.... However Baker blankets did stay in fashion to this day. I had one in the 80's and hated it because all the shavings stuck to it.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

For-looks-only martingales.

I would bet some seriously authentic Mexican food, as I am too poor to bet anything else.

I love my joules pullover! It's cream colored with small multi-colored polka dots, pink striped collar and sleeves, and blue piping. I got it half off, and it feels snuggly and warm when it's chilly out.

I really hate the GPA speed airs, they just look weird with traditional hunter stuff. When it comes to hunters I like the traditional look. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1638434559 excuse the sketchy position, the pic is old

Now, my eventing gear is COVERED in bling. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1638434559
    try to contain your jealously

I'd like to put my hound dog on LOUD linings, and uber expensive breeches
    Mel