The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Harvest Moon/USDF Region 1 Championships

Hats off to the Show Management Team, competitors from the entire east coast, officials, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, spectators, Senator Bob Martin Ag Center staff and the entire town of Williamston, NC for a fantastic USDF Region 1 GAIC Championship and Harvest Moon Dressage Show! The weather was incredible and the parties were spectacular, especially the "Taste of the South" sponsored by all the area restaurants! What a treat for everyone.

Comments ranged from "Best show ever" to "Totally worth the 9 hour drive from NJ to attend" to "Can't wait till next time"!!! There was even a competitors lounge complete with WIFI, comfy chairs, refreshments and wide screen TV's! Thank you to everyone involved!!!!

Agreed. The parties each night had very good food. It was so nice not to have to clean up and go find a place to eat after a long day. Rings were on time. Staff was excellent. They put a lot of effort into the planning.

As someone who was involved with garnering staff I, and the staff, greatly appreciate your compliments. From my perspective as a staff coordinator and scribe I thought the show was a definite winner. I got to scribe for three different judges and have much to think about while I ride. That was a treat. And as a resident of Martin County I was very pleased to see the Taste of the South dinner. Unfortunately for my checkbook I spent a few more dollars than planned at the vendor's. LOL! It was a great show.

I always love coming to Williamston, but this show was spectacular. The great dinners each night were a big help for weary competitors, and the food was varied and delicious. The footing is the best anywhere! I love the management team, and I was proud to be a part.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I'm assuming it's too early for results to be posted, but where will they be posted when they are up? Glad it was a successful show!

I also am from NC so a bit partial but this really was a super show. Great staff, super volunteers, super footing. They really went all out.

And results are up, they were up last night at www.equestriansecretarialservices.com

Thanks for everything Martie, Sue, Sandie et. al.c

It WAS a great show, and we sure do appreciate all you northerners (and those from way down south) who made the trek to NC!

Hopefully, we will get to do this again before too long!

Default A Big DITTO!!!

This was our first time to visit the Senator Bob Martin Ag Center and it was fantastic... the geographical arrangement of the barns and the rings was very efficient, it was easy to park near our barn, and, yes, the footing was excellent! And, we met the most awesome people... we really enjoyed our barnmates! So, we will definitely plan for the March Magic Show now!

Default Kudos to Show managers, staff, sponsors and volunteers...

Thank you all who made this such a fantastic show--even the weather was perfect!

Thank you to Martin county and the town of Williamston who went above and beyond to roll out the welcome mat, and the first class staff of the Senator Bob Martin Eastern Agricultural Center who spent months preparing the grounds and the footing and were smiling helpful heroes all weekend.

Thank you to all our out of state competitors, who took the plunge and made that long drive to show at a facility many of you had never heard of, and then brought your best game..

And of course the judges, officials, wonderful vendors and generous donors who made it all possible.

We had a lot of fun too and hope to see you all again soon.

Suzanne Mullen
    President, NCDCTA

I really enjoyed being a volunteer ring steward for the main arena on Friday! Was lots of fun watching and being a part of this great show. Everyone was very nice to the volunteers!!! So many riders actually THANKED me for checking their bits! It was a wonderfully run show!

It was wonderful, you guys did such a great job with all the dinners, vendors, different things to do for kids, hubby's and the exercise classes in the morning. The staff went above and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Williamston facility is fantastic! Wish more shows could be there.

Default Great Show

We were there and had a super time. Good show well run, great fun, loved the parties and the dinners each evening.

Need to sort out the am coffee though! That was a bit of a bit of a bummer.
    Martie usually provides it, but didn't this time, and Triangle were supposed to but forgot! So no coffee early in the am, except for the weak stuff the cafe sells. Yikes!
    And no Starbucks in the town.
    MW
    Melyni (PhD) PAS, Dipl. ACAN.
    New edition of book is out:
    Horse Nutrition Handbook.

www.knabstruppers4usa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Melyni View Post
    Need to sort out the am coffee though! That was a bit of a bit of a bummer.
    Martie usually provides it, but didn't this time, and Triangle were supposed to but forgot! So no coffee early in the am, except for the weak stuff the cafe sells. Yikes!
    And no Starbucks in the town.
    MW
    Melyni, I agree 100% about the cafe coffee! Because I was there so early every morning I stopped at the local Dunkin' Donuts for coffee all days except Sunday. The coffee in the facility cafe wasn't much to write home about for sure!

Default Yep!

Optimal coffee would be the only suggestion for improvement! I was even thinking that I might invest in some great coffee gadget to take to shows that could live in the barn...

Quote Originally Posted by mitma View Post

Optimal coffee would be the only suggestion for improvement! I was even thinking that I might invest in some great coffee gadget to take to shows that could live in the barn...
    Let me know what you discover that works. I'll make sure that there is optimal coffee at March Magic. Not sure if it will be in the show office (trying to keep traffic down) or in the "hospitality" area. Sue Smithson always brings good coffee beans. The show staff lives on coffee and hot chocolate during the March show as temps are usually a bit chilly for those working outside.

And if you ever get to Williamston and discover you've forgotten something that is replacement (if you forgot your horse that could be a problem ) feel free to hunt me up as I'm local.

Sue Bothern

Default Thanks Sue

Quote Originally Posted by NCSue View Post
    Let me know what you discover that works. I'll make sure that there is optimal coffee at March Magic. Not sure if it will be in the show office (trying to keep traffic down) or in the "hospitality" area. Sue Smithson always brings good coffee beans. The show staff lives on coffee and hot chocolate during the March show as temps are usually a bit chilly for those working outside.

And if you ever get to Williamston and discover you've forgotten something that is replacement (if you forgot your horse that could be a problem ) feel free to hunt me up as I'm local.

Sue Bothern
    We will be at March Magic for sure. And I will try to remember to bring some coffee beans with me.
    McDevitt Sothebys had coffee there and it was good coffee but it wasn't up until after 9 or 10 am, which just does not help at 6am when you have drunk the coffee you brought from the hotel, and still need more caffeine!

The lack of early am coffee was the only shortcoming!

MW
    Melyni (PhD) PAS, Dipl. ACAN.
    New edition of book is out:
    Horse Nutrition Handbook.

www.knabstruppers4usa.com

I agree it was a wonderful show!!!

Wink

I agree that the show was fantastic! I am not a coffee drinker so I have no complaints in that department. My only "complaint" was the morning music over the PA system. Listening to techno/ pop/ hip hop at 6-7am was a bit jarring. We found ourselves wanting some ear plugs. Would have much preferred something a bit more soothing to ease into the day...small detail to an otherwise fabulous show.

Talking

My barn and I had a fabulous time at the show! It was well worth our 12 hour drive to get there

The stabling was excellent, everyone was friendly, we had a great time!!!

If it wasn't so darn far away, we would definitely return for more shows.

Thanks to the volunteers and organizers!!!