The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding near Hilton Head Island?

Hey Everyone,

A friend of mine is moving right near Hilton Head to work at a resort there and she has 2 horses needing to be boarded. She doesn't have constant access to the internet so I told her I would ask here to see if anyone knew anything.

She has looked online and found several boarding barns that are pretty expensive. A friend that she has living near Hilton Head said there are a lot of barns but they are more private and cheaper. Those barns it is who you know in order to board there. So does anyone know any pasture board locations near Hilton Head that are not astronomical in boarding costs?

Thanks for any advice guys
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Grew up in Hilton Head. Lived there for 20 years. Rode for 18 of them. Astronomical in HHI and other places are TOTALLY different spectrums

What is she looking to spend? Price limit?
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Grew up in Hilton Head. Lived there for 20 years. Rode for 18 of them. Astronomical in HHI and other places are TOTALLY different spectrums

What is she looking to spend? Price limit?
    I'm not sure about her price limit, she doesn't show these horses. They are both on pasture 24/7 so she would like to have that if possible.

Boarding averages here in Lexington are around 300 a month for pasture a little higher some places a little lower others. Is there anything around that price?

I don't know much about the Hilton Head island area so I told her I would ask. Anything that anyone knows of would be great & I will pass that info on to her.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Anyone?