The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My friend's new OTTB

After selling her last OTTB project last week I couldn't help but forward the link to this horse's page on the Finger Lakes website. She is an eventer and thoroughly enjoys bringing along new prospects. When I came across this horse's link online I couldn't help but beam with excitement. He's very classy, old school, great bone, etc. After I looked up his pedigree I couldn't help but oogle. His dam is by Secretariat and his sire is Behrens. Behrens is by Pleasant Colony. He just oozes "special". His pedigree is full of names we don't see very often, and Northern Dancer only appears once in his pedigree and its farther back.

He is a bit on the fresh side right now. He was gelded 2 weeks ago and really just needs to be turned out and tuned down for a few weeks. He is 5 years old and unraced. Sat in the trainers barn and was galloped every morning but never showed promise.

Anyways. Here he is:

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1538

I will get more photos when he arrives today or tomorrow

Ooooh Double Sec!! I was drooling over him a few weeks ago when his listing went up. Can't wait to hear how he does in his new home. Congrats to your friend!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Double Sec is so lovely. And his trainer is a super nice person. I'll move him to the Placed forum, but your link should still work. Tell you friend congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy partnership! Can't wait to see picture of him at his new home!

Oh, and tell her about the Finger Lakes Finest Roll Call thread http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235487 so that we can all follow his progress!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Congratulations!!!

She doesn't participate in COTH but I will make sure everyone is updated on his progress. He should be back in state by 5pm. It'll be dark here by then but I will be sure to drop in tomorrow to check him out and get some pictures of him in his new diggs.

He is going to a lovely, lovely home and farm and we are very very excited to see how he is after some turn-out and some down-time!

He looks like the Pleasant Colony side. Handsome horses in plain brown wrappers! I hope your friend has a great time with him.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Yes, please keep us apprised of his progress on the Role Call thread! It's so much fun to get updates about the Finests!

Please have your friend come join the forum! I'm sure we'd all love to see this horse's progress.

Alternatively, can we count on you to post new pics as he progresses?
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

What a great looking horse! I'll be watching for updates too.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted with updates and photos. She has no time for COTH right now; she's an ER nurse with the craziest hours!

I just went over to view this lovely horse and I must say that "Stunning" doesn't even do him justice. He is truly, LOVELY! I'm a hunter person and think this horse would be a lovely hunter for me

He is a bit fresh right now but that will change with time, a new diet, and some turnout. He is a character though! He is an adorable mover, points his toes. We even lead him over some ground poles and a mini x-rail and he plopped right over.

He is simply stunning. I have a few cell phone pictures but I will be sure to get a few good ones this week. I already notified his new owner if he ever needed a second career that he could come straight to me

Gorgeous and very few Secretariat mares are still producing now. What a find!
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Yes; he is indeed quite the find! I would also like to add that the Finger lakes photos online do not do him any justice; he's even nicer in person!!! When I first walked into the barn to see him last night my jaw pretty much hit the floor. You can definately tell who his grandad is! We jogged him around the arena a few times and he truly is something! He knows he's special because he prances around and everytime he went over the groundpole he lept in excitment!

Caylei, why the alter?

I know of Caylei; we are from the same area but this is not she.

The grammar is certainly indicative of Caylei...also, Caylei, you posted about this on your Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by alter123456 View Post
    I know of Caylei; we are from the same area but this is not she.
    But she is the "friend" who bought Double Sec, no? Caylie claims to be bringing Double Sec home -- according to her facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

No she is not the person who bought Double Sec. A friend of both of ours was the one who purchased Double Sec. She is an eventer. Caylei lives a town over from the girl who bought him and she takes care of her horses quite often. She was the one who pointed him out to the girl who ended up buying him. We are all from the same area and most horse people around here know eachother quite well
    -edited to add that i just checked Caylei's FB and no where on there does it say she purchased the horse. Last I checked, her FB is also set to "private"

So this friend of yours is boarding Double Sec at Caylie's place?
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

No no no. She has her own farm a town over from Caylei. They know eachother very well and Caylei rides with her and cares for her horses all of the time. She used to board at Caylei's before buying her own place.

What a very small world this appears to be. I certainly hope that Double Sec is "just her type of ride."