The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thornhill Danube

I did a search but couldn't find specifics...

Does anyone here have or use a Thornhill/Pro-Trainer Danube? I'm looking for a new dressage saddle and am looking for something with a shorter flap. Also, the more I look at dressage saddles, the more interested I become in those which feature a slightly more forward flap. The Danube caught my eye and looks like an interesting saddle which might fit my requirements.

How do they fit? And does anyone have a measurement of the flap? How's the twist?

TIA!
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

Go to Thornhill's website and contact them for measurements. They are super friendly and helpful via phone. They'll let you send in tracings of your horse as well. Good luck in the saddle hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chebeau View Post
    Go to Thornhill's website and contact them for measurements. They are super friendly and helpful via phone. They'll let you send in tracings of your horse as well. Good luck in the saddle hunt.
    Very cool and good to know! Thank you! I will do that.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

Default Riding in a Danube now

I love it and it represents a saddle that works for us after a long search, too. If you would like some pictures of it, contact me via PM. For immediate picture gratification, there is one for sale on barnmice (17 1/2 34 which is the size I have) and some of the sellers on Ebay post pictures. It is made from a thicker leather, so should hold up great. I love the half panels along the front flaps - they allow my gelding's long sloping shoulders room to slide back underneath. The other features are modern, too: open channel, wider panels on his back, etc. The wither area is totally padded, so it fits around his high wither great. His back is kind of curvy, so the back of the saddle fits up on him. If I had all my druthers (always on a budget), I would have liked to try the 18". I'm finding that the more panel contact there is along the back, the more comfortable my horses are. I used to ride around in a 16 1/2 close contact Bates and a 17" Wintec Isabell dressage. Saddles are all so individual.