The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Originally from Greensboro, NC --- Now in Bristol, VA

Well, I was reading the movie threads...and got to thinking. I've got a brilliant movie plan! I just need some...investors...and I know you are all rich, so listen up!!!

So, there was a famous racehorse...we will name him...Allen.
    And he was in a terrible accident (haven't figured out quite what yet...feel free to make some suggestions with your monetary donation http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif)...anywho, so Allen had to have all 4 of his legs amputated...he wasn't put down...duh!
    Anywho, he was SUPPOSED to be put down, but this crazy VET said that he would take him, and performed the amputation himself...all four legs...(haven't thought up a good life story for the vet yet, but he's required to have many underlying mental issues (think the Dr House of the equine world!)...
    So, there is now this horse, with no legs, rollin around in this crazy vets pasture.

And he makes him some prosthetic legs...all 4...I told you this guy was crazy.

So, somehow, these prosthetic legs are super nifty...I guess we should put this a *little* in the future, and hope that science has advanced a little more...you know, along with the cure for cancer.

These legs work so well, that little Allen (read 17.2 hands), is able to walk, trot, and canter around in the pasture, with his three legged goat friend, without any trouble.

And the crazy vets daughter (aka the wonderful rider, who decides that this animal is truely *unique*) says she wants to try and ride Allen...

blah blah dad/daughter disagreement, but he finally says ok..and the daughter rides Allen...

Note its been almost...2 years since this horse has been sat on...and he's PERFECT!

The daughter sneaks out at night to ride Allen more and more, JUMPING him and everything!

And decides to make him into a grand prix horse (i told you those prosthetic legs were impressive!)...

Anywho, theres some crap inbetween, and daughter rides him to the olympics, and right in the middle of their round, one of the legs breaks! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/dead.gif

Daughter is very sad, blah blah blah, but Allen, he gets up! and makes special whinny sounds, telling the daughter, in his own little special horsey way, to get back on his back! Allen jumps around the course, and wins the gold medal (insert inspirational music here)...the end!

So, I've gotta work out a few...er...areas in the plot, but I think it could be the next blockbuster???

So who's gonna gimme they money!?! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

Oh, and if anyone has any...shall we call them "ideas" to make my plot better, feel free to say so. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Well, I was reading the movie threads...and got to thinking. I've got a brilliant movie plan! I just need some...investors...and I know you are all rich, so listen up!!!

So, there was a famous racehorse...we will name him...Allen.
    And he was in a terrible accident (haven't figured out quite what yet...feel free to make some suggestions with your monetary donation http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif)...anywho, so Allen had to have all 4 of his legs amputated...he wasn't put down...duh!
    Anywho, he was SUPPOSED to be put down, but this crazy VET said that he would take him, and performed the amputation himself...all four legs...(haven't thought up a good life story for the vet yet, but he's required to have many underlying mental issues (think the Dr House of the equine world!)...
    So, there is now this horse, with no legs, rollin around in this crazy vets pasture.

And he makes him some prosthetic legs...all 4...I told you this guy was crazy.

So, somehow, these prosthetic legs are super nifty...I guess we should put this a *little* in the future, and hope that science has advanced a little more...you know, along with the cure for cancer.

These legs work so well, that little Allen (read 17.2 hands), is able to walk, trot, and canter around in the pasture, with his three legged goat friend, without any trouble.

And the crazy vets daughter (aka the wonderful rider, who decides that this animal is truely *unique*) says she wants to try and ride Allen...

blah blah dad/daughter disagreement, but he finally says ok..and the daughter rides Allen...

Note its been almost...2 years since this horse has been sat on...and he's PERFECT!

The daughter sneaks out at night to ride Allen more and more, JUMPING him and everything!

And decides to make him into a grand prix horse (i told you those prosthetic legs were impressive!)...

Anywho, theres some crap inbetween, and daughter rides him to the olympics, and right in the middle of their round, one of the legs breaks! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/dead.gif

Daughter is very sad, blah blah blah, but Allen, he gets up! and makes special whinny sounds, telling the daughter, in his own little special horsey way, to get back on his back! Allen jumps around the course, and wins the gold medal (insert inspirational music here)...the end!

So, I've gotta work out a few...er...areas in the plot, but I think it could be the next blockbuster???

So who's gonna gimme they money!?! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

Oh, and if anyone has any...shall we call them "ideas" to make my plot better, feel free to say so. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">in his own little special horsey way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean he farts? Repeatedly?

Overall, I like it. If you let the $700 Pony star, I will consider a small donation.

Oh, and if you were worried that it might be hard for a Pony (14hh) to play a 17.2 TB, well, hey, if Tom Cruise can play a movie star on TV, so can My Little Pony.

I think the $700 pony would make a PERFECT Allen!
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Well, considering that he's not going to have any legs...we can just make the legs...short...so allen USED to be 17.2...and now...now he's not...he's the $700 pony size...yes...thats good.

Nono, no farting...I'll give you an example...like, on Lassie, when lassie would go home, and bark at the family, and the dad would be like, "what lassie, timmy's stuck in a dried up well, and his arms on fire?" - bark bark...

Like THAT kind of special horsey way! DUH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what lassie, timmy's stuck in a dried up well, and his arms on fire?" - bark bark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Girl, horses don't do that.

They do, however, fart. I would suggest thinking about that as a potentially interesting and rather realistic plot device.

Glad to hear you like the potential casting of small girl horse in the role of Allen. What's it going to cost me?

mmm...I dunno yet...depends on how many more people decide they wanna help...

and hey, allens supposed to be a dark bay too...

maybe a mil or 2? lets see what other suckers..I mean...cothers, I can get in on the deal?

Well, I think YOU should pay ME for the pearl of wisdom I'm about to drop.

OK, here goes. The idea of prosthetic legs is completely unbelieveable, and truth be told, it's a bit boring. So, instead of Allen getting prosthetic legs, I propose he gets propped up by some of those loveably nutty Asians on XTC--you know the show on the Spike chanel where all those Asians compete in silly games?

So, they pick 4 Asians, one to represent each leg, and they practice carrying Allen around the pasture--some of the Asians fight and have hissy fits with cursing in chinese (cleverly dubbed over like on Spike chanel), some start throwing karate kicks at each other (would be kinda funny to see a "horse" kicking itself for a change), and some of them drop poor Allen who then goes rolling downhill and skids into a pond (where he floats about like a pool toy). Eventually, they find 4 great Asian competitors who are able to carry Allen to victory without squabbling, kicking each other or cursing in Chinese. Allen is given the big trophy, and the 4 Chinese start a huge brawl like Bruce Lee because they each want the trophy all to themselves. Hey, Maybe Jackie Chan can play one of Allen's legs!

If you haven't seen the show on Spike, this will probably sound stupid, but if you HAVE seen it (and I highly recommend it), hopefully you're getting a great visual of poor Allen the broke-legged horse right about now.

OK--when do we start filming?

Ooooh!!! Ooooooh! Can I play the VET??? I'm FEMALE, quite overweight, and kinda grandmotherly age, but CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, you know...sadly, I HAVE seen that show..but as much as they fall and such, I don't think they'd help poor allen win the olympics! DUH...maybe they could clean stalls or something???

No no no! Nightsong, you have to prove your madness...really, the role is male..are you dr. gregory house...the vet version!?! NO...! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    maybe if you bribe me lots!

No, no Dr. House. Alas, But I CAn play one of the wacky Asians (I've SEEN the shows on Spike, and THAT part's easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well, I definitely think the Asians from XTC (one of my fave shows, BTW) should be included. But I think they would be sort of unrealistic as legs. Maybe they could be competitors? Oh wait, even better...the Olympics could feature jumps made of those Asians...like that picture of the horse jumping that guy who is spread-eagle, doing a handstand? It's been posted in a new topic about 27 times, I know you've seen it...
    Cowboy up.

allicolls! That is BRILLIANT! The budweiser asian jump...the seaworld shamu asian jump the...

yeah!

That would be an interesting plot twist...maybe one of the Asians could be a minor character - like the rider's love interest. So if poor Allen taps a jump, it adds an extra dimension - the ouch factor of poor loveable Asian love interest!
    Cowboy up.

ah...a tap to the jump kills the daughters super secret stall mucking/shamu jump poser love interest...ding ding ding.

I think Allen should also be available to breed...makes more money like that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeLapp512:
    oh, you know...sadly, I HAVE seen that show..but as much as they fall and such, I don't think they'd help poor allen win the olympics! DUH...maybe they could clean stalls or something??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, that's a great idea! The little XTC guys (MXC where I live) can be the dopey stable boys. And the daughter has a hot fling with them.....This is getting goooooood!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    Member of: \"Short,Stubby Leg Clique\" \"Riders of Rohan\" \"Riders with Broken Tailbones Clique\" \"Canadian Clique\"
    http://community.webshots.com/user/bugaboo222
    **New pics added Nov. 24/07**

Also, I think she should purposely crash Allen into them, especially when they are bad asians and deserve punished.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

no alaska no!

he can't crash into them! you can't win the olympics by crashing into asians...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nightsong:
    No, no Dr. House. Alas, But I CAn play one of the wacky Asians (I've SEEN the shows on Spike, and THAT part's easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I Am crabby, ALWAYS right, and walk with a limp. PLUS, certifiable. Not such bad casting after all...

Weeeeelllll, In THAT case...I Guess you could be...

How do you feel about playing a man?