The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default THICK polar fleece?

I got a zip neck pullover from Land's End this summer -on sale of course- and can't find it in the regular catalogue now. It's hella-thick, very warm, has an inner liner.

Can anyone tell me where I might find this model? Or something similar from a different manufacturer like LL Bean or Eddie Bauer?

This is a very dense fleece that I wore yesterday in mid 40 degree weather with nothing more than a short sleeve polo underneath. Toasty warm. I'd like a few more just like it. Thanks...

I have a North Face fleece jacket that I love; the fleece is high quality, lifetime warranty on the zipper, and I like that I can where it with just a short sleeve shirt underneath in 30-40 degree weather easily In my opinion, they're definitely worth the little bit higher price.

Edit: My North Face fleece isn't thick but it's warm - warm enough for me to wear it alone in 30-40 degree weather.

I have some Free Country fleece jackets (can be found for cheap at TJ Maxx and such) and they're just as warm as my North Face, only the fleece is no where near as good of quality (might get a second winter out of them). They're also like $20 so they're good for the barn.
    Last edited by Dressage.For.Life.; Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Don't throw away opportunities because they aren't coming in exactly the form you want them to.

I bought a very thick and soft 1/4-zip fleece pullover for my husband last Christmas from LL Bean. I think it's one of his favorite pieces of clothing. It sure wasn't cheap (80 bucks, maybe?), but has held up very well to a lot of use.

ETA: I'm wearing North Face right now which, while as soft, isn't quite as thick. Eddie Bauer is my usual go-to since I'm tall, but I've been disappointed that their fleece stuff seems to have been getting thinner and thinner and more plastic-textured over the last couple of years. I think they're trying for layering pieces. Yuck.
    ---------------------------