The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fuerst Romancier

Experiences? How is his semen quality, any offspring? What kind of mare does he need, and what does he bring to the table?

Thinking about getting a couple doses on a frozen semen order I'm getting ready to do.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

We got a pregnancy on one dose of frozen. Due in April. It was pretty motile.
    Sharon

Mo Swanson of Rolling Stone Farm has a Fuerst Romancier filly (2010). Pictures and video are available on her website if that may help.
    Quinnten

Crosiadore Farm also has a great one -- http://www.crosiadorefarm.com/Crosia...Knight_CF.html

I went to 7 inspections this year. This youngster (big, big-moving and athletic) isn't the prettiest foal I saw, but if I were looking for a 2010 "vintage" dressage prospect, he'd be at or near the top of my list.

We used him. Semen looked great but mare had a minor infection and didn't catch. I have seen him in the flesh...he is gorgeous, VERY big, large bone , tall ect. I would use him on a mare with a good foundation and some blood.

He is a powerful substantial stamp. His foals I saw at the big foal inspection here were generally quite plain to look at, but most showed good movement often with a hint of bigger and better to come. i wouldnt use him expecting a pretty long legged dancer, but would use him if breeding for a riding horse as I think they will be better as they mature.

There were one or two that i really didnt like out of mares with weak toplines, he didnt seem to have improved that aspect dispite his own substance.
    www.volatis.co.uk - breeders of quality and colour

I've seen quite a few foals by him I really liked a lot. One of them will live on our farm in a few days and is now American owned so she will come over at some point
    The two I liked best thus far are this filly and another one that was bred by a friend from my breeding club out of a Wind Dancer mare who is very special herself.

Judy Yancey also had two Fuerst Romancier fillies this year, including a really stunning one out of a Donnerhall mare.

"I went to 7 inspections this year. This youngster (big, big-moving and athletic) isn't the prettiest foal I saw, but if I were looking for a 2010 "vintage" dressage prospect, he'd be at or near the top of my list."

(Thanks Dennis for the possibility of the qualifying for "2010 Vintage" award!)

This colt was bred (one does frozen) out of a L- line jumper bred mare, with a good deal of thoroughbred on the bottom. The colt is very like his dam, but looks to be better equipped for Dressage. He has great ability to collect, and have seen the colt do excellent canter pirouettes, tempi changes, canter half pass, passage. Foundation is also excellent.

Fuerst Romancier was awarded in 2009 by the German Oldenburg Verband, the title of "Main Premium for Stallions with Emphasis on Dressage" Which basically means that of all the first year breeding Dressage stallions in Oldenburg, the Inspectors thought FRs foals were the best.

Interesting insight, thank you!

Can anybody say what he fairly consistantly throwing on his offspring (good and bad?)? I haven't found a whole lot of foals by him, but they are not super alike. That seems to be the feedback I'm getting on him in general.

The mare I have in mind is ultra-modern, leggy, and quite tall. She has a fantastic canter, awesome trot, and a "good" walk. I'd say her walk is her weakest gait, but it's certaintly not a bad walk by any means.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud