The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding in/near Georgetown KY?

Anyone know of any farms in that area for a gelding who is basically semi retired? Owner needs a stall and would be pretty picky about facilities. Self care preferred. Thanks!

I don't know of anything in Georgetown, but there are several boarding barns on the Georgetown side of Lexington. Antebellum, Shylah, and Team CEO ( I think!) are in the N. Yarnalton area.

They offer partial care (feed once a day and daily turnout) for only $275/month
    http://www.graystonestablellc.com/boarding

Gram Arena is off Russell Cave Road, technically in Lexington, but only about 10 minutes from Georgetown. All self care. Turnout available, but I'm not sure how they go about it now. I used to board there and only left because I decided to board with my trainer. Indoor and outdoor arenas. A lot of reining people, but also some dressage and hunter/jumper people.

PM me if you are interested in the number.
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Please keep them coming.

Bugsy-Funny you should mention Gram; its still quite a haul for the woman who is looking, but it is close to my current barn. I plan to ride over there during the winter. Nice place!

I'll name off a few with the caveat that I may never actually have been to any of them myself, nor do I know the particulars regarding boarding. Burr Oak and Aora Fields north of town. Why Not farm and Mallard Farm east of town, Brannon Stables and Spring Hill west of town. I know that there are quite a few private barns that advertise every once in a while on CL, your friend might try a wanted ad in Farm and Garden. Most of the ones I've named do have lesson programs and are fairly large, saddleseat/ multi-discipline.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible