The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up The Funnells on British Breeding of Event horses

Saw this interview with the Funnells, Pippa is an absolute hero in Britian is she well known in the states??? I would love to buy a Billy horse and what the say in the secound interview on breeding and producing young horses is great. http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/h...illiam-funnell

Default pippa is fantastic

Love Love Love Pippa. Love her attitude towards horses, her methodology with the training/ competing of horses, and her not to give up/ fighting attitude when the going gets tough. She is also a class act person. And I really liked her horses: cornerman, primmore's pride, and supreme rock and her new up and comers, redesign and i think the other one is ensign(?).

Can you tell I'm a huge fan?!?!?!

Thanks for the link
    Last edited by TXnGA; Nov. 10, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Seem like very nice people, and it was such a treat to watch her ride at WEG.

Her book "Training the young horse" is an absolute must read. I actually broke it out last night once again to get some perspective after reading the training plans of so many other people (and on here, lol). I love how she says that she starts her 3 year olds really lightly in the fall, then kicks them out until they are well into their 4 year old year. She also states that no matter how tempting it is to jump a 3 year old, she does not believe they are ready. Fitness, forward and fun first! So when I want to do too much with my 3 yo, I ask myself, WWPD?