The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boarding in Montgomery and/or Bucks County PA

I am graduating in December and will be moving home to Telford. I am looking for boarding for one to two horses. Where my horses originally were is not an option as it is too far away. I will be working in the Hatfield area and then more than likely relocating to Doylestown for work. My biggest concern is overall quality and care. I would like a place with an indoor. Trainer is not important as I would like to meet up with mine at the shows and probably haul to him for a weekend every once in a while. Here is what I have...I have an appendix gelding that I have done the USEF and AQHA circuit with and some Chester County, and I have an AQHA mare that I show in the western pleasure and hunter under saddle. Please private message me with places to stay away from as I do not want this to turn into a bash fest, but feel free to post suggestions of places to check out! TYIA

Default North Ridge Farms!

I've been at NRF for 3 years and would never want to be anywhere else. It offers phenomenal facilities, care, and training and is located down the street from Telford in Sellersville, PA. Owned by Cathy Gerhart and training done by Cathy and her daughter, Kate, a GP rider. They're in the hunter/jumper scene now but have a history of the QH stuff. I'm not sure what their policies are on training elsewhere and I know they don't allow outside trainers but feel free to contact them as I may not know the updated info on these topics. Cathy's # is 215-694-6194. Definitely worth looking into!

Thanks! We have been in contact with Cathy. Just getting some feelers out there to see whats around.

bbu

Check out Mileview Farm in Doylestown -- I haven't been there in a few years, so I'm not sure if there are any resident trainers there -- It has a large indoor -- I know when I was familiar with the place there was no pressure to train with a resident trainer --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM

I was really impressed as a lesson student at Three's A Charm Farm in Quakertown (right near the Bucks County/Lehigh County line) with both my instruction and the quality that boarders received. Might be worth your time to take a look! http://www.threesacharmfarm.com

Does anyone know the website or contact info for Mile View farm, I have tried googling with no luck. A lot of people have suggested Mile View so I would like to take a look! TYIA

Don't know if its on here but I think a fellow COTH'er made this:
    http://www.lvhorsefarms.com/

I am fairly certain Mile View doesn't have a website. You'll either have to give them a call or try to schedule a visit.

bbu for more suggestions

Cornerstone Farm in Coopersburg with Marisa Kalmar.

www.cornerstone-farm.net/

forever farm in doylestown, a friend of mine boards there and loves it. I board @ threes a charm farm and cant say enough great things about the care my horse receives however we do not have an indoor. It doesnt stop us from riding all year long, but if thats a requirement...
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

Forever Farm or Mileview. I have friends who board at both and love both of them.

ETA- I grew up in D-town and know almost all the horse people so if you want to PM me before you move, go ahead.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

bbu

There are a ton of places around here and you've gotten some good suggestions. I think the lack of response might be because most of the places that one would suggest that fit your needs have trainers that you are expected to train with and you don't need that. How far from Doylestown are you willing to travel? Maybe if you could give us a certain mile radius that would work for you we (collectively) could come up with some more ideas.

A good place for barn websites in the area is the AHS website.

www.associatedhorseshows.com

Many barns are excellent, it really comes down to preference.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am really unfamiliar with the area, other than working in Plumbsteadville this summer. At the time I was working in the same industrial park, just in the building next door to the building that burnt down, as the huge fire that happened just before the 4th of July. My horses were in Elverson at the time, but that is an hour and a half away and is just too far of a drive after working 8-10 hr days. After the fire, we relocated to hatfield, where I will be starting out as the company is in the process of buying their own place and not renting this time. I know quarter horse trainers of the national level are very few and far between in PA. I will be living on Ridge Road, very close to the Dutch County Opera House(I think that is what it is called). So I guess if I could be within 30-45 mins of Doylestown, hatfield or Tylersport I would be ok with it. Thanks again everyone.

Horseman's Hollow Equestrian Center is in Zionsville PA which is about 30 mins from Tylersport, but it's north of there so even further away from Hatfield. They have an indoor and an outdoor, and alot of trails. Beth LaFrenz is the woman who owns it and she is very nice. I googled her and her cell number came up under a horse for sale ad. It is 484-221-1896.

Legacy Farms in Telford, PA. Owner/trainer is Kris Moyer and she is fantastic!! You can google her website! Good luck.

I've been brainstorming. Rebecca Belmont of the Village Farm in Langhorne has an indoor and may not require that her boarders train with her (I'm not sure). I do know that she used to do the competitive AQHA circuit so this may be of some help to you. I know that her farm is probably a good 45 mins-1 hr from Tylersport but I think it might be within your "magic circle" from Doylestown/Hatfield.