The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking We're halfway there!

My mare is 170 days today! We're officially halfway there, woohoo!!! She may be just over halfway, since last time she was bred she went 322 days. It's so exciting! I've gotta say, though, that if she gets twice as big as she is now, then the poor mare isn't going to be able to move when she gets close to foaling! I'm beginning to think I got elephant semen instead of (oversized) pony juice!

And I got my delivery of 2nd cutting alfalfa yesterday... 3000+ pounds of it .

Congrats on the midway point!
    Standing Nasiriya - 17h JC registered stallion
    http://www.DonovanFarm.com
    Looking to buy or sell Horse Property? Contact me!
    www.TexasEquestrianProperties.com

Can I join your countdown?

Day 221 here Maiden mare, so ZERO idea of her preference. I was watching her come in for breakfast this morning thinking "wow girl, you are beginning to have a bit of a sashay there!"

Day 150 is tomorrow! Poor sweetie had a bit of a reaction the day after she got her Pneumabort shot - she was cranky and stiff as a board under saddle.

Mine is also already getting a belly - EVERYone is commenting on it at the barn, even the vet commented on it! Jeebus, she's cooking a monster in there - it's only s'posed to be the size of a rabbit right now!!!

Feel free to join the countdown! I hope your mare decides to foal conveniently for you!

ASB, a lot of people here don't seem to like Pneumabort. I actually made a poll, and most people voted for Prodigy, so that's what I gave my mare. I don't think she had a problem, but then, she just sits in a field and eats all day, so I wouldn't really know if she cranky and stiff under saddle .

Joining! Woo who!

We are... well she is... day 172.

She has a belly on her too! She definitely is waddling around her field. Haha. I even had an ultrasound done a month ago to make SURE there was only one in there. Shes a 13 y/o maiden and shes showing like a real broodie. Lol.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison
    A champion is a dreamer that refused to give up!!

Mine are 164, 154 and two are 137 days. So trucking right along! I am very excited for next year!
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

My girl is 151 days today

And she is already huge. I cant imagine what she is going to look like in another month or two. Its crazy how big those foals are!

We're at 155 & 125... Here's hoping we all get healthy foals and easy foalings next year!
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Congrats, everyone.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

We're at 184, 159, 135, 103, and 98. The 159 and 135 days are looking the most preggo but 159 looked preggo all last winter when open! My 184 day is a maiden and starting to get a baby belly too. I'm 6 months preggo myself and really sympathasizing...
    Can't believe foaling season will be here in 5 months!

Northhill... Congrats to you! Your going to have a busy spring, tehe! Atleast your little one will help keep you occupied on foal watch. ;-)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison

This thread inspired me to do the math. She is 193 days in foal with her Redwine filly!

Surely there is someone farther along than mine!

I want to play too!! Mine are 180 and 165, both are maidens and both have bellies! The 165er is my first shot at a stallion prospect, if it's a filly that's ok too. She will stay here in my program.

I used this to count the number of days: http://calendarhome.com/date.shtml

Way easier than counting on your fingers!

My mare is so enormous, I can't believe it. She's 15.2hh, the stallion is 15hh, and I swear this baby is going to come out horse sized and mature about 18hh. If I wanted to ride her, I'd probably have to put the extra-wide gullet in my saddle. I rode her a couple months ago (for the first time since my accident in May) and didn't need to use a wither relief pad.

Does anyone know if they're getting boys or girls? I want to be surprised, but I just have a feeling it's a girl.

Right behind ya JB with my TB girl...day 213, 2 EHV shots down and a very big belly already!!!

My Dutch mare is at day 181 and is just now starting to "show".

Both mommas have done this before but I am a newbie. I have a very wonderful and patient vet, 2 great mares and will likely still need to be on anxiety meds come March.
    Animals are not disposable!!!
    http://www.pawsnela.org

Ok Jen, we can hold hands!

I might start a "please hold our newbie hands" thread

Ill join!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ok Jen, we can hold hands!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    These are not my first foals, but I'll take some hand holding if there is any left!!
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn