The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else stalked by disabled rider to lease, donate horse as tax write off, $$$?

Is anyone else getting these emails? I can hardly believe how pushy this person is!

Contacted me a few months ago:

Person: Hi! I need a horse so I can go to the ParaOlympics. Will you lease this FEI horse to me?
    Me: I'm sorry, but no! The ads says "For Sale".

Recently contacted again:

Person: Hi!!! I need a horse so I can go to the ParaOlympics. It needs to be at least PSG. Will you lease this FEI horse?
    Me: No, not for lease.

Person: Will you donate the horse?
    Me: No, not for donation. Horse is for sale. Here is the price $$$$$.

Person: OK. I will see if I can do that price.
    Me: OK. Let me know.

Then, a new email shows up:

Person: Hey, do you need a tax write off???
    Me: Horse is FOR SALE. For sale to an excellent home only, and to serious qualified buyers. If you are a serious buyer, then please let me know, and I will get you more information.

Now I recently received a new email. Looks like I am now on the soliciation mailing list. This person is asking for donations for some disability reason or another.

Makes me want to say: "Sure, honey! I will donate to your cause. Now, will you donate to mine?? I need to purchase 28 tons of hay to help feed the FEI horse you want me to give you, and all of his friends!"

Hmmm--I had that same thing happen when I was riding a 4 th level horse for this woman and also a few years ago with a lower level re-school. Once the horses went up for sale we started to receive e-mails similiar to what you have described.
    Hit delete.

Sadly, this is a legit person! I accidently answered the phone the other day because I have friends in the area code, so I had a conversation.

Sent me link to website of her riding. Round and round, and round and round! Canter, canter, canter. No idea why an FEI horse would be required! No . Idea . At . All .

Yes about the scama-rama. I choose what charities I donate to, thank you very much. Those solicitation emails are just gross!

Sounds like Cellos Pride! LOL!
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

How annoying! Set your email program to block her email address. If you're about to ask me how to do that, I suggest you Google it. Problem solved.

Had a similar experience with a YR spamming my GMO, with the help of the GMO, looking for sponsors. A short polite explanation of how they were violating federal anti-spam laws stopped it.

Ask her to mail you the money for a two-year lease - cash in an unmarked registered envelope only, because you'd hate those pesky postal workers to be tempted - and you'll send him/her the horse as soon as the money arrives.

And wait.

Works every time, sale, lease or purchase.