The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USEA Non-competing membership

Well my renewal is due and after many, many years of membership (should have bought the lifetime back when it was $500) I have to decide if I am going to renew. I don't show anymore, don't anticipate doing so, but was trying to decide what you get for the non-compete membership and if it would be worth 35 a year. I tried to go thru the USEA website this morming and many links were giving me errors.

Any value other than magazine in non-compete membership?

You get to delay truly old geezer status at least another year. Once you don't renew at all? That's it, you'll have to retire to NC - and then you'll end up competing again of course, and you'll have to renew, probably with a much higher membership # and lacking the glory of a billion continuous years of membership in a great organization...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl View Post
    You get to delay truly old geezer status at least another year. Once you don't renew at all? That's it, you'll have to retire to NC -
    Well delaying old geezer status alone is probably worth full membership!

You get the sticker and the Eventing magazine. I used this membership when I was doing Beginner Novice, but then had to move up to competing membership to do Novice. So basically, yes, it's an expensive magazine subscription.

I didn't renew last year and they still sent me my renewal forms for this year- so you get at least a year to keep your old number, if you're worried about that . DH is still a member so we get the magazine and stickers, but I'm thinking of renewing as an N-C this year just because not being a member is such a depressing reminder of the lack of horses and horse shows in my life.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

If you do any clinics or other activities that you would use USEA's insurance for, you can still get their insurance as NC member.
    My husband no longer competes but is a NC member since he is on the AreaV board. Fortunately we only get one magazine!! (I am still a "full" member)
    Anybody know why they did away with the family membership option? It was a big surprise last year when I went to renew and it wasn't there.