The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shipping a trailer

I've found a smoking deal on the trailer I need, but it's located in another province (no, it's not sitting on "an escrow lot in Las Vegas and I just need to send a money order" , the people selling it are friends of friends and need it gone).

I've been trying to get quotes on what it would cost to ship it here, but so far I haven't even found anyone that does this unless it's attached to a truck. Any suggestions???
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Meet them halfway?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

It's a REALLY big country. Halfway is the middle of the Prairies. In Winter.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Ah. Not so good. How big is said trailer?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Just a 2-horse straight load. Nothing crazy.

Try uship.com. They can usually find someone to ship/deliver anything! My old trainer bought a trailer on the other side of the country and had it delivered, the dealer helped arrange it.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

Ditto Uship.com. I bought both my trailers from far-flung locations. Paid less than 60 cents per mile in both cases.

My trailer was shipped from Texas across the country. There are websites that you can list your shipping need and people can offer pricing to do the job. I don't know the name of the site but I'm sure a local trailer company can offer some suggestions.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup

My trailer was shipped from Texas across the country. There are websites that you can list your shipping need and people can offer pricing to do the job. I don't know the name of the site but I'm sure a local trailer company can offer some suggestions. The dealer arranged the shipping.
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup

what about shipping it by rail?? My hubby just had a car shipped from Quebec to Edmonton and it was very cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
    what about shipping it by rail?? My hubby just had a car shipped from Quebec to Edmonton and it was very cost effective.
    That's actually what I wanted to do... (and did with my Jeep when I moved from Ontario to BC). Unfortunately it has to be attached to a truck to make it work.

Sounds like this trailer is not the one (good deal or not), so back to the drawing board regardless...

I agree, try UShip. I have used them for various things, including my mom's cat and a huge antique dresser. Good prices and no problems. Good luck.