The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    NE PA & FL gulf

Default East Coast Shipper Recommendations?

I'll be moving a horse from Aiken, SC to Allentown, PA in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a good shipper w/ box stalls?

on COTH right now, duh!

I can tell you who NOT to use: Equine Logistics. They were hired to pick up a horse from one of our clients and deliver him to the South. Gave the seller a very hard time, didn't show up for almost a week and in the middle of the night at that.
    Couldn't get the company on the phone. Couldn't get a straight answer about when they were coming, was supposed to pick up on a Saturday, didn't get picked up til Thursday and wasn't delivered until the following Tuesday, if I remember right.
    When buyer asked for deposit back, they refused despite that they were not even remotely close to the scheduled pick up date.
    Once when seller called driver to find out when he'd be there he said sometime between 11pm and 6am 2 days later. so she said so what am I supposed to do- keep him wrapped until for the next 2 days? Driver said I don't care what you do. Not my problem and hung up on her.
    Don't use them.

I've not personally used them but they've hauled horses for the rescue where I volunteer (Gentle Giants Draft Horse Rescue) and I've only heard good things.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Sergeantsville, NJ

Had an EXCELLENT experience with Brookledge last summer. 17H mare, Intermediate event horse, not a "relaxed" shipper from Stockton, NJ to Ocala, FL. No problem.

A happy place filled with pony and puppy kisses :)

I used princeton equine transport and it was the best experience ever!!

Tampa Fl.

brookledge. they have a hub in Oley Pa just outside of philly and with rigs coming down to deliver horses to fl/south east US I am sure you could get a good rate on a truck going back up north.