The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Every. Dang. Monday! Update pg 6

Gah!! I have this guy that goes to my church, he has developed this weird little crush on me. He's one of those stare, try to catch your eye, always looking in your direction so if you accidently turn your head BLAM! You now have eye contact. He also lingers around and follows. Now, I have no interest in this guy whatsoever. None. I am not a flirt, I do not smile near him (I don't turn my head within 80 degrees of where he is for fear of the eye catch), I do not even say hello. Me telling this guy to go take a flying leap is hindered by two main things-
    1. He is slightly disabled (had a brain tumor then some seizures that left a slight limp) so if I am direct I am the meannnnnnnn heartless uncaring awful person.
    2. I love his parents, they mean a lot to me and I don't want to cause issue there.

Now, I see this guy at least twice a week, Sundays and Monday nights at Bible study. Well, every stinkin' Monday night he drops a big ole bomb in my bathroom! Mine happens to be the one in the hall that guests use. I mean, seriously, I know we all have body issues but every single dang Monday? Can he not learn to poop at home or somewhere else?

Last night was it. Just it! He did it twice! And right in the middle of our study so this big wave of low tide smelling stench comes roiling across the entire living room. What, does he save up his crapping so he can use my nice clean bathroom?

I am going to leave the cats litter box in there and not clean it until Tuesday from now on.

Ick.
    Last edited by twotrudoc; Nov. 24, 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: update
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

1 members found this post helpful.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

Oh that is just wrong. Although maybe in his mind, this is a show of affection. Like marking his territory?

What does everybody else do when the stink hits the room?
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Maybe your beauty and glorious wonder scare the crap out of him?

I'm sure other people are aware of the situation by now. Have you tried talked to his parents about discouraging his affection? Would that even be possible?
    Jer 29: 11-13

Tolerate it. Ignore it.

I don't want to be a mean person but in my opinion (which is biased because the guy drives me nuts!) all the other (two) gals do is cater to him and dote on him.

We were remodeling and when we put the new sink in the bathroom I put all the under the sink stuff in a box in the hallway for the couple days until I could put it away. The box was about 1' by 2', all I heard was about how "that box" was a tripping hazard" and "couldn't we move that box" from them. One specifically, the whole time all she does is ask "Poopboy, can I get you some water?", Poopboy, do you need a table by your chair?", Poopboy, can I get you something to eat?".

It is nauseating.

*edited to add--Aggie, oh wow LOL!!!! And, yes, I am going to have to speak to him, in public and as polite as possible. So no one can exaggerate or say I was meannnnnnnnnn .
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie4Bar View Post
    Maybe your beauty and glorious wonder scare the crap out of him?

Would a post-deed spritz with a can of Lysol be too obvious?

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

Poopboy! I totally just laughed out loud and scared the dogs!

You could take a big duece before the Monday study and leave it there. Then when he goes in, suprise. Although he may take that as a sign of affection and acceptance of his love!!!

Or conviently have the john out of paper so he has to ask in front of everyone.

Or say out loud that Poopboy and Poopdoter have so much in common, they should consider going out on a date.

Sometimes the best way to thwart advances is to meet them head on. Like looking a mugger in the face and screaming, "I see You!"
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

Stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by winfieldfarm View Post
    Poopdoter
    That did me in.

I was thinking, you could borrow EponaRoan's dog, who would distract Poopboy from you by shaking his hand every time he left the bathroom.
    Last edited by Vandy; Nov. 2, 2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: giving credit where credit is due

Lala, it's at my house. I can't stop going. LOL!! Although I am considering picking up a part time job Monday nights.

Saying "Yes?" or "What?" loudly every time he starts the staring is on my list of things to do. I just can't bring myself to look that way *shudder*\

Poopdoter is married She just seems to like to go over the top making sure Poopboy is all taken care of (and, in my opinion, show us young chickies how we should be doing things. Good luck with that, Jesus only enhances my loud mouth feminist proclivities. I believe in loving and caring hospitality, not wiping some guys butt. Again, just my opinion).
    The Knotted Pony

you might be making him nervous...and thus resulting in a stomach ache. Not that I'm saying dropping something like that in your house around company is cool. Its just that he may have a reason!

Hang up an "Out of Order" sign.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Air freshener. Poor guy.

Poor guy!!?? Why poor guy?? Once or twice but every week? Really?? Poor guy!!??

The Knotted Pony

maybe your toilet paper is nicer than his?

I know it's smelly, but I don't think one can control nature's call to great length, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

He could have all kinds of reasons why he has to answer the call at your house, being nervous can be one of them. So yes, you could be the very reason!

Don't fret over bowel movements just yet, you got about 50 more years to do so. Put some potpoury in the bathroom and a can of air freshener. Spray and shut the door. Could be worse: he could be missing the mark and you would have to clean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Nope. Anyone pees or poops on my floor gets directed to the cleaning products, located conveniently under the sink.

One time is one thing, maybe twice. Other people don't seem to have this problem.
    The Knotted Pony

I think it's time for bible study to move somewhere else, like poopdoter's house. And I think it's time for you to switch groups. There should be a women only bible study so you can all speak freely.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    That did me in.

I was thinking, you could borrow Equilibrium's dog, who would distract Poopboy from you by shaking his hand every time he left the bathroom.
    Brilliant! I have tears streaming down my face in my office. I cannot stop laughing.

Twotrudoc, I feel your pain, I really, really do, but I am shaking with laughter and tears are running down my cheeks as I sit here in my office.

Poopboy.
    Poopdoter.
    Bwhahahaha!!!
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

I know it's funny. And, if it weren't actually occurring where I live, I would be bent over howling. I wish it was someone else!
    The Knotted Pony

Do you have a dog? When he comes out, could you look down at the dog and say something like "Austin, did you just pass gas again?"

I feel for you. I walked into our work bathroom yesterday and it was the raunchiest smell of poop and rotting crotch I have ever smelled in my life. I about doubled over and ran out! Sometimes no amount of spray can help.
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com