The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Mascara?

I posted this several years ago and got some great products, but what are your favorite mascara's. They have to be waterproof and hopefully help my stumpy eyelashes!

I have stumpy eye lashes and I am L-O-V-I-N-G the Bare Minerals Mascara..(Flawless Definition!)

No idea if its waterproof but they may have a waterproof version? I love the siliconey brushes versus the furry-ish ones.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I like the Keihl's Mineral Mascara. It doesn't say it's waterproof, but it stays on very well.

too faced lash injection!! hands down the best. But i have heard good things about the Bare Minerals mascara.

Buy the Sephora sampler pack! For about $40 you can try 10 different mascaras. I'm on my fourth, and can't say I've found THE ONE yet, but it's certainly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    Buy the Sephora sampler pack! For about $40 you can try 10 different mascaras. I'm on my fourth, and can't say I've found THE ONE yet, but it's certainly fun.
    Ooo! Sounds like I have to make a trip to Sephora!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Lancome. No contest. I have tried it all and keep going back to pay that ridiculous price because it is so fantastic.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    ? Rumi

I'm loving the L'Oreal Telescopic.

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

My bff is mega obsessed with DiorShow. Lancome Definicils is good stuff too.

I second the idea for the sephora package...
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

I like Cover Girls Professional Remarkable Mascara.....it is Waterproof Wash-Off. This means it is Waterproof but you can take some water and wash it off.

Avon also makes a Waterproof Wash-Off mascara also.

I'm going to go on a hunt for a new "Wow" mascara to bulk up my eyelashes, though they are LONG I feel like there isn't too many of them. Hmmmm Maybe this post will help me find a new brand.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

I've got great eyelashes... so just about any mascara enhances them well... my problem is that I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't smudge... I detest having to wipe the under eye smudges throughout the day... What brand of mascara actually does a good job of staying put? Right now I'm using Clinique mascaras... and have used Estee Lauder as well... so it seems even the more expensive department store cosmetics are coming up short .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

I used to work in the cosmetics industry, so I've tried A LOT of different mascaras. Cover Girl Lash Blast is hands-down the best I've ever used.

And, it's CHEAP!

Not waterproof, but I love Fiberwig by Imju. You can get it at Sephora, it's about $26 a tube, but it makes your eyelashes look awesome. I use it for work and dates w/ the boyfriend. For everyday use and barn purposes, I wear waterproof Maybelline Great Lash. Cheap, but reliable!

I usually swear by Diorshow, but for a cheaper price, the Bare Escentuals "Buxom" is now my favorite. The Dior comes in waterproof but the Buxom does not.

Also, I recently moved to FL and found a store called "Ulta" that sells its own brand of mascara. It's kind of like a wannabe Sephora except half the store is cheaper stuff. Ulta has a brand of waterproof mascara that comes in a shiny blue tube that I like whenever I know I'm going to be out all day and sweating, etc. It definitely doesn't smudge!

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
    I usually swear by Diorshow, but for a cheaper price, the Bare Escentuals "Buxom" is now my favorite. The Dior comes in waterproof but the Buxom does not.

Also, I recently moved to FL and found a store called "Ulta" that sells its own brand of mascara. It's kind of like a wannabe Sephora except half the store is cheaper stuff. Ulta has a brand of waterproof mascara that comes in a shiny blue tube that I like whenever I know I'm going to be out all day and sweating, etc. It definitely doesn't smudge!
    do you shop at the Citrus Park Ulta? that's the one I work at

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post

I am OBSESSED w/ Ulta. I think the prices are so much better then sephora and they have great sales.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Default Elizabeth Arden Mascra ~~~

Elizabeth Arden ~ wonderful ~ IMHO
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I just bought DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum, it is a n AWESOME primer!!! Makes my lashes incredibly long(which I need)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...houldPaginate=

then I apply Lancome's l'extreme which fills my lashes and lengthens them even more!

http://www.lancome-usa.com/L%27Extr%...makeup-mascara

I have stubs for lashes as well and I really recommend a primer(Dior) before applying the actual mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayla View Post
    Lancome. No contest. I have tried it all and keep going back to pay that ridiculous price because it is so fantastic.

Nothing comes between me and my Lancome Hypnose mascara...except maybe Lancome L'Extreme mascara!
    It makes your eyes look like this and it stays ON!
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

Diorshow, hands down, has been the best stuff I've ever used.

I also liked (for everyday) the double-extend beauty tubes mascara. That stuff stayed ON, no kidding. When you wash it off, it was kind of scary...lots of little black fibers and such, but that stuff is ON until you wash it off. Period.