The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Who owns one? And what do you do with yours? Pictures? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Who owns one? And what do you do with yours? Pictures? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I have one, she was 2nd at Fairhill and Devon in the Appaloosa Sporthorse classes (although not big classes, I think she's great).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Devon2005_121.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	5459  

My husband Jon wants to buy ljs's mare after meeting her at Devon, she is so well behaved and just flashy as all - really eye catching.

Thanks guys, yes she is a good girl. She is only 2 but acts very mature. I had her in the cross-ties today and pulled her shoes to let her go barefoot the rest of winter and trimmed up her tooties. She was perfect. Never need a hand with her. I hate to sell her but we can't keep them all and we decided to keep her half sister by Apollon since he passed away this year. Unfortunately her half sister is a solid black, no spots at all, but has the same great temperament. Here is a pic of her first free jumping experience this summer.

Name:	Mystjumpweb.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	5872  

I had a great mare, Gryphon. Pinned in a large open three year old mares class at Devon and produced a foal who pinned in a large weanling fillies class the next year. She was also PVDA Reserve champion mare overall. She had no spots so most people assumed she was a warmblood. I evented her and she carried my sorry butt around novice always in the ribbons. During lawschool I leased her to somebody who schooled her preliminary with Bruce Davidson and he evidently liked her a lot. She also was part leased to a jumper rider who showed her in the 3'9 classes effortlettlessly. A very talented mare. I took her back after law school and we went back to puttering around Novice event courses and having fun and she always took care of me. Unfortunately she was struck by lighting and met and untimely death and I will miss her always. Gryphon, Faite Accompli, was a great mare of the breed and could have made a lot more great babies if not for her untimely death.

Name:	Gryph.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	4831  

Another pic of Gryph and me - my monster mare, my heart mare who gavae 110%

Name:	gryph2.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	6421  

Well, I own a lot more than one. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_cool.gif

Lately, they've been standing around not doing anything. My "original" stallion evented up to Prelim level (many, many years ago). Somewhere I have a lovely pic of him (horrific of me) http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

I have a nice gelding (16.2hh) that is schooling and will be showing 3rd Level if I can ever get my butt back in the saddle this winter.

Also have a LOT of youngsters that need to be broke and sent on their way. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif
    Founder of the Olde Farte Clique

Lovely mare, ljs! Sorry to hear about your mare, Paula. Very pretty girl.

I don't have one anymore, but have bred one w/ another on the way for next year (full sibling.) His future is in eventing and he's coming 2.

Symon Says, his dam and links to his sire

No spots, but I wasn't disappointed at all.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm
    Proud Member of "Someone Special to me serves in the Military" Clique

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! All of your horses must be the envy of everyone. :] I'm jealous.

I still have my sire's first appy colt, now a yearling, who is already as tall as his dad! He placed in several ApHC futurities last year, and this year we got a 1st, and 2 2nds in yearling non pro lungeline, 2nd in hunter in hand stallions, at the one ApHC show we participated in in August. He is lots of fun and jumps HUGE, so we hope to aim for eventing and/or the hunter/jumper ring, but I keep reminding myself: he is only a yearling... he is only a yearling... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif He is still in tact, so an AWS inspection may be in our future as well, but for now he is a registered ApHC and eligible PHR.

Name:	CochiseConformation110505.JPG 
Views:	341 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	4569  

I have a gelding by Waps Reflection out of a TB mare. I purchased him when he was 5 (7 years ago) for my grandaughter but he became my horse when she moved away. He has the best mind and temperament (willing and tolerant of rider error) of any horse I've owned. He did very well at training and first level dressage scoring between low 60s - 75%, even got a ten from an R judge at one show. We schooled all second level but due to my bad back had to retire from showing (I can no longer sit a trot and must canter in a 2 point position). He is a great trail horse (friends who have greenies beg for me and Moose to take them out for their first trail rides - he is such a security blanket for the babies) I also have taught some lunge line lessons to beginners and timid older adults on him and he takes it all in stride. He is a great horse and a credit to his breeders (JG Appaloosas)!

What a nice group of horses and I'm not typically an Appy fan, although my first horse was CPO, and I loved him dearly.

I've met ljs's mare she is very nice. I think she'll make a lovely hunter!

blackstallion, I've always loved your colt. I hadn't seen a recent picture of him... WHAT A LOOKER!!! You must be very proud! I dont' know what he moves like and what your aspirations are, but there are some dressage sport horse shows that offer App Sporthorse classes.
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

App spotted Holsteiners here. 91.2 % HOL/xx yet throwing the lovely color on to 4.4% app foals. New video clip of Broadway is on home page; trot/free jump. Book II RPSI; pedigree approved for Book I. Other interesting opportunities are on the horizon.

http://www.cloverlone.com

I don't own him, or know him that well, just have seen him at shows. But Kate Phillips rides a beutiful Appaloosa, I believe at Intermediare. I have heard from my trainer that his temperment is wonderful. I will try to find a picture of him online. His linage is unknown unfortunately.

http://www.missviewfarm.com/ go to about MVF, scroll down to the bottom, and click on MVF in the news if it doesn't take you directly to the article about Alladin.

You can't be the heart of a good Appy!

My mare wasn't bred to be a sporthorse, but she decided that she was going to be one! Granted, when she was bred 20 years ago, Appy sporthorse breeding wasn't nearly as prominent as it is today. My mare was an incredible lower-level eventer, and the horse-of-a-lifetime for this ammy.

This is Megin.

She is now retired and I have a solid (oops) yearling Appy filly who is very nice. I'm considering breeding Megin one more time, and trying to decide what to cross her with. I like smaller horses, and thought a Connemara would be a neat, hardy, athletic cross, but I'm also very tempted by several nice Appy sporthorse stallions. I'm not as concerned about color as I am quality, although some good color is nice!

I love seeing other Appy's when I'm out there showing! I'm not a breeder, but I'll add mine just for fun. He was found in a field with a heard of sheep, mini-donkey's, goats and peacocks! He's now 17 and has shown through PSG, knows his 1's and P&P. This spring I'm leasing him to a friend to ride and learn on while I look for a young horse to train.
    My Boy

Cosmo is registered Hardship Appaloosa and Appaloosa Sport Horse-
    His sire is Wap of the Line by Wap's My Line (AKA Loud N Clear)by Waps reflection. He is out of a TB/Cleveland Bay Mare. He is a hair under 16hh- we showed in the local green hunters last year and he did very well- this spring we are going to start beginner CT. He loves x country and dressage!

I have three, with another in the planning stages. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif I have a now-retired hunter mare who showed tons in her younger days, then came down to me - she did really well, and still could if she wasn't, you know, fat and furry out in a field some where http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif She has the best temperment ever - and has succeeded at everything I'd asked her to do, so she earned her retirement. Here she is carting my butt around in the speedbump hunters.

I have her yearling son, who is pretty darn cute if I do say so. He's by a big Appy stallion who was in VA (I think he's down in NC in training now, though). He has his mother's temperment and movement - which is just what I wanted.

I also have a DWBx out of a Wap Spot 2 daughter. He's my rockstar. He's not spotty (dang...) but he's frosted over his hips and has some big roan splotches. He's wicked talented - he really is a rock star, in temperment as well. He wants things done his way, and now, or there's no saving anyone. He's allowed to be this way, though, because he's really, really nice (and I've had him since he was a weanling so I've grown to love the Shark Face I get so frequently).
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive