The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thank goodness, Election Day is near!

Who else is sick of all the stupid campaign commercials?

We have reached the 'no good for office' level of ugly, thankfully the 'OMG he wants to teach evolution in school' passed by really quickly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

*raises hand*

I would like all the campaign signs to go away so that I can see to turn onto roads again.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

I'm not voting for the first time in 16 years. I really can't bring myself to support anyone this year.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Me, Me, Me! I'm in Kentucky where outside money is flowing in at an unbelievable rate. It's just constant. They'll play the same ad back to back within a 5 minute time period. Thank god for DVRs. I don't watch anything live anymore and just skip through all the nastiness. I really would like to be able to vote for None of the above. And if none of the above wins we get a do over with all new people.

My question is, how the h*ll do they get away with the lies. Both sides are doing it. If we libeled and slandered someone in this manner, we'd be sued. Someway, somehow, it's got to stop. But no, all we get every election season is the same old, same old. This is the worst I've seen it, though.

There have been a couple of really good ones, though. Jerry Brown's play on Meg Whitman's words (30 years ago anything was possible). There are a couple more out there that are really quite well written.

Then there's the garbage I get in the mail. If we spent half this money on a cure for, say cancer, it would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Curb Appeal View Post
    I'm not voting for the first time in 16 years. I really can't bring myself to support anyone this year.
    LOL, Bruster's Millions:

NON OF THE ABOVE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Horrible commercials and debates in CT, I may not vote either, for the first time since I was 18. We have terrible candidates for the most part, all seem to be shysters of one stripe or another

I live in California, and I really wonder how many trees election mailings have single-handedly killed this year. It's crazy, I'm getting SO. MUCH. ELECTION. MAIL. Not to mention the incessant commercials that really tell me nothing about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Me, Me, Me! I'm in Kentucky where outside money is flowing in at an unbelievable rate. It's just constant. They'll play the same ad back to back within a 5 minute time period. Thank god for DVRs. I don't watch anything live anymore and just skip through all the nastiness. I really would like to be able to vote for None of the above. And if none of the above wins we get a do over with all new people.

My question is, how the h*ll do they get away with the lies. Both sides are doing it. If we libeled and slandered someone in this manner, we'd be sued. Someway, somehow, it's got to stop. But no, all we get every election season is the same old, same old. This is the worst I've seen it, though.

Aren't they ridiculous??!!??

I'm not a US citizen so I can't vote. I am working on my Dual Nationality so I will be able to vote in the next presidential election, as a European I am liberal

Every time election time is near I wish for what the have in the Netherlands.....it is illegal to have ads that bash the opponent. I wish we could have that here, then everyone could just say this is what I am supporting and here is why I want your vote.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post

Me too! If I have to see the Aqua Buddha commercial again.... Don't they realize it just makes BOTH of them look ridiculous?

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Default It's the dam*ed phone calls

I've gotten to the point when the phone rings, I answer with "This better be GOOD!" and the tone is a snarl! Friends that have called and gotten that have laughed and agree.

I'm pretty sure I scared the crap out of someone calling to push a nominee. There was a moment of silence, followed by someone taking a sharp intake of air, and then the phone connection was broken. I really laughed about that one.

I can ignore the TV ads and the ones that come in the mail, but make me have to drop what I'm doing to answer the phone and I'm PISSED Royally!!! I'm on the "DO NOT CALL" list for a reason and as far as I'm concerned, that should include political garbage.

As far as the lies and mud slinging, they all do it, or have the "Friends of so and so" do it.

This year there is not one incumbent in any party that I will vote for, either for State or National. They've all had their chance and screwed up royally. As far as I'm concerned, it's not baseball where you get 3 strikes. You've. failed. period!
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!