The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Default Finger Lakes Finest - A Relist

I'm starting a new thread, and asking Moderator 1 to close the old Finger Lakes thread, because I want to make sure that we have a shorter thread to navigate as the season winds down. Hopefully, it will be easier for people to find references to horses that they are interested in, this way.

The first four horses for the week are up. We had two teams on the backside, and will continue to do the same for the month of November. Go take a look at the beautiful bay hotties that are now listed. Those from the other team will be listed as soon as they are ready.

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/index.cgi?
    Last edited by Louise; Jan. 30, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Ooooohhhh I would take Double Sec but he's out of my price range Someone else go get him to event!!

I also like Malibu dream!

I used to track Malibu Dream when he was at Suffolk. Lovely looking guy, and the breeding to excel in sport!
    Can't believe Keen Impact hasn't been snapped up yet...
    -Jessica

Lots of beautiful horses still on the backside. I do hope the ladies of Finger Lakes can get a ton more sold.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Love Keen Impact, and a few more! If I had the space, I'd be in a buying frenzy.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by QuillcoteFarm View Post
    Ooooohhhh I would take Double Sec but he's out of my price range Someone else go get him to event!!

I also like Malibu dream!
    If you are interested in Double Sec, call the trainer and make an offer. It can't hurt; many will come down from their asking price!

Bella Daze is beautiful... looks like could be a very nice dressage horse, or of course, an eventer!! Definitely built with rear end power to sit for dressage

I just came home from a hunter pace at Batzing's Farm in Avon, NY and guess who was there? None other than Finger Lake's Finest Leola's Memory, currently listed with a ribbon because she's done this before and done it well! http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1522

What a cutie pie! If you want a Finest who has already had some training, check out Leola.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    I just came home from a hunter pace at Batzing's Farm in Avon, NY and guess who was there? None other than Finger Lake's Finest Leola's Memory, currently listed with a ribbon because she's done this before and done it well! http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1522

What a cutie pie! If you want a Finest who has already had some training, check out Leola.
    She's adorable! And how cool that she's already had some retraining.

I love Double Sec too....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

LOVE Double Sec!

I'm still sighing over Small Potatoes.

Too bad I had a nasty run of vet bills recently, or I'd be picking up the phone!
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Of course Small Potatoes is one I'd fall in love with, she looks awesome, I even dig her name!

I have to say I'm suprised no one had snapped up Eastern Prime. LOVE Eastern Echo as an eventing or jumping sire, I galloped a few of his babies that were steeplechase horses and also owned one, they all jumped with knees up to thier eye balls and were all laid back, big, kind, and neat horses. I love his babies and haven't owned one or sat on one I didn't like!

Those two would be my picks. Too bad (LOL or luckily) I'm not looking!
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

I want to bring Dewanna Brushon Me and Dance For Fashion to be Lucky's friends (but have nowhere to put them.)

I really like Bella Daze. Wish I could justify one more this season.
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

I've been thinking about something a lot lately, and I want to pass it by all of you, to get your thoughts and ideas.

We work very hard, to try and identify horses that need to be placed quickly, lest they fall through the cracks. I think that we do a pretty good job in getting that done. But, I have been thinking lately about the good trainers, the ones who take good care of their horses and who would never let them get into dangerous positions. Are we unfairly ignoring them?

Take the trainer of Small Potatoes http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1430 and Regally Jen http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1432 He's a good guy, who takes good care of his horses. He's well liked on the backside, and he has always been ready to step up to offer us a place for a horse to stay for a few days, while waiting for transportation. He's not rich, and I think he struggles to maintain his horses well. He always looks a little bit tired, and I'm sure that he really needs to find new homes for a couple of his charges.

Yet, his horses languish on the Listings while we worry about this horse or that horse who need homes quickly. And, he's not the only one. There are many of these good trainers at Finger Lakes. People who just want their horses to find good homes, with loving people. What do we do about them?

I don't have any answers. I feel the urgency to get needy horses to safety, for sure. I just want the good guys to find homes for their horses too, once in a while.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

the problem is in this economy, it is just too expensive to keep a horse anymore. I know three years ago I could have taken one or two, now I am about to be living in my truck, thinking about owning a horse is unimaginable.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Louise, I totally get what you are saying and I think it is important to give some attention to the "good guys" and their horses. It is easy to focus on the ones that need to go fast, but as you said, what about the decent trainers who take good care of their animals, and who are waiting patiently to sell them rather than liquidate them quickly....

On another note, anyone have any info on Five Blessings or seen him in person? Feel free to PM... a friend of mine is very interested.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

That trainer is THE BEST!! He was beyond wonderful when I got my horses and they needed to be warehoused before coming south. He went to the track, picked them up, took them to his farm, boarded them for a few days (week?), and made sure they caught the bus for the trip south. All that for a nominal fee.

Everytime I talked to him, I could tell - he's just a nice guy.... I'd like to help the good ones like him too. I'll be thinking about it, but you're closer to things; if you think of something we can do, please let us know.
    Y'all ain't right!

If I could take Regally Jen without risking divorce, she'd be on her way to MD tomorrow. That mare has a beautiful shoulder and is perfect for a small junior hunter.

ETA: Louise, I did add the link to the FL trainier listings to my FB page in the hopes that some of the locals I'm in touch with are looking.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Small Potatoes is on my farm and personal FB. I asked people to hit share. You never know who may see it!
    Margaret/Maple Shade Farm
    www.mapleshadefarm.net