The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Halters that fit WB weanling at that in between size.

What halters do you use for your weanling that are in between sizes. My filly is almost 5 months. Here weanling halter is too small and I have tried two other halters that our local tack store offer and the next size up is too big. The throat latch is huge and definitely not safe. Any suggestions on a brand that makes an in-between size that fits well? Looking for leather. TIA
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

https://quillin.com/jshop/product.php?xProd=971&xSec=20

Fabulous halters, great quality, lots of sizing options and good prices as well.

I second Quillin's! Spring for the double buckle crown piece, that really gives you a lot more g-r-o-w room The adjustable nose is standard. Foal size usually fits my guys up to about a year the yearling size thru 2nd year. I do have a two year old with a more, ah..."noble" head she wears the #2 mare size.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
    https://quillin.com/jshop/product.php?xProd=971&xSec=20

Fabulous halters, great quality, lots of sizing options and good prices as well.
    Was going to post the same thing. So, I third! Beautiful, affordable halters with so many size choices. We had the same problem and ordered a bunch of different sizes and now we're covered. I will say they do seem to run on the large size. For example, weanling seems to fit most of ours into the yearling year.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

One of my weanlings is almost out of his new weanling halter from Quillins.
    Its a lovely halter, I'm hoping the leather will stretch a little so he can wear it longer.

http://kyhorse.com/

Yearling size with adjustable nose works well. They will also customize your halter at no additional charge. For example weanling size with a longer crown piece and fixed nose also works well. Shipping is $5.00 for your total order. $5.00 engraved nameplates. Really nice people too.
    Cindy Bergmann
    Canterbury Court
    559-903-4814
    www.canterbury-court.com

Default Another for Quillens!

My boy has had all Quillen's halters. We started with the newborn and foal size then moved up to the weanling turnout. He's currently in their 2 year old size one. I always get the ones with the double buckle crow, adjustable noseband and the throat snap. I have been THRILLED with them.
    Cloverfox Stables

Quillin with the adjustable nose and double buckle crown piece. They seem to last a long time and adjust in so many ways.

I've purchased from KY Horse too, and theirs are nice. Tack shack of Ocala and Pinkstons also makes nice halters too.

Awesome help, thanks! My two are in the same spot and I hate having a nylon non-breakable halter on them when turned out. Scary. I am ordering as we speak!!!
    Fernhill Warmbloods
    www.fernhillwarmbloods.com