The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pedigree analysis please?

No takers on off course so thought I might try here...

A friend was just given this horse:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/riflemans+rule

He has trained but will not be continuing on to race.

What can anyone tell me about his breeding (as far as soundness, sport horse potential....)?

Thank you very much!!
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

I rather like him even with his very overdone breeding of the Mr. P top line crossed with the ND top line. I know some don't like Mr. P, but I don't mind seeing him once as he throws some very athletic get (along with crooked legs.) I really like the In Reality line and it's crossed with the What a Pleasure line both very nice for sport. (Where's BFNE she particularly loves seeing WaP!)

I don't know anything about Bambee T T but love her on paper as she's got a Dollar line (wonderful for jump) crossed with Tourbillion line (Another one of those French Herod lines that is my favorite to see for sport!)

Thank you subk for the response. I will pass the info along
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

He's very much a "fashion bred". I'd hope your friend has the money for maintenance because he looks pretty high maintenance to me. I will say that Gone West is one of the best of the Mr. P's, but Relaunch has got a reputation for less than ideally "sound in work" horses.

Trajectory had only ten starts, was in the money in 9 of them. No black type. He's usually the sort of horse who would keep on racing if he could.

Soiled Dove is very interesting. She had 4 starts and was a winner. She was a 1987 model who had no listed foals in my 1920-1995 APR. That means she either started racing very late, or someone waited a very long time before she was bred. Kind of makes you wonder what she was actually doing.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Oct. 27, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire