The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack Trunks: Where?

Looking for a new tack trunk. I was thinking there would probably be a lot up in PA with all of the stores that specialize in wooden items? But any place in particular? I can go to PA/MD/VA or can order online from anywhere I guess. Store names/locations/websites greatly appreciated!

ETA: I'm looking for a "trunk" type thing, not the huge ones that are basically closets if you know what I mean by that.

Try Dave Fowler Tack Trunks in NY. He does a beautiful job and I *think* you can order on-line. Not sure what the wait time is or how soon you need it though.
    I have one of his wall boxes and he helped my dad build my trunk that is now close to 15 years old and has held up to tons of abuse.

Default I wish...

I lust after these : http://www.stableoutfitters.com

dawgmom Guest

Default removing vinyl panels from tack trunk

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I mess up with how to get questions answered...

I just bought a used phoenix west tack trunk for my daughter. We may look in to changing out the vinyl panels eventually, or may never. Has anyone ever taken the panels off and left them off? I was wondering what the trunk looks like underneath.

As you can tell, my daughter is the rider, I am the "newbee" to the equestrian world.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeland View Post
    Looking for a new tack trunk. I was thinking there would probably be a lot up in PA with all of the stores that specialize in wooden items? But any place in particular? I can go to PA/MD/VA or can order online from anywhere I guess. Store names/locations/websites greatly appreciated!

ETA: I'm looking for a "trunk" type thing, not the huge ones that are basically closets if you know what I mean by that.

I like the trunks that Groffdale Barns make. They are located in Strasburg, PA (717) 687-8350. Their web site is down at the moment.
    The trunks are around the $250 mark if memory serves me correctly.
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork