The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Waredaca Still Needs Volunteers

I spoke today with the vet, Dr. Julie Augustine, who said they are still looking for some folks to help out in the 10-minute box at the Training Three Day tomorrow (i.e., Friday). She needs a minimum of two people but would be happy with more - that would free her up to be a "floater" and not tie her down to doing TPRs to help keep up. Volunteers should be comfortable with taking TPR and should come armed with a stethoscope. They would need to be there by 9:00 and plan to stay until XC is done (estimated 2:00, but may be earlier). Volunteers receive breakfast, snacks, lunch and a nice volunteer shirt, and - according to Dr. Augustine - her undying gratitude. Directions to Waredaca are here: http://www.waredaca.com/index.php?op...=56&Itemid=177

I've done it in the past and it really is a lot of fun. Hope some people are available! I will happily pass along her cellphone number to those who are interested - just send me a pm or email me at pittmane @ umd.edu (remove spaces around the @ sign).
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Shucks, I've helped the last 3 years and was originally planning on helping this year too. I couldn't get off work though.

Good luck to all of those competing, and thanks to all who volunteer!