The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Waiting on a saddle...

So the UPS tracking system online is both a blessing and a curse.

A curse in that it is making me crazy knowing where the saddle is, and how close it is, and that I STILL DON'T HAVE IT YET!!!

I'd love to call them up and beg them to just let me come get it from the UPS location instead of having to wait another entire day for them to drive it out here, when it's JUST 10 minutes way.

Maybe I should call them? Anyone ever called and asked to just pick up a package at the local center? Did they let you do it?

I have, I told them I was not going to be home and there was no porch for them to put it inside (it was raining).

They were nice enough to let me pick it up, but they had weird hours so I had to pick it up after 6.

You can have whoever sent it to you do an intercept online that will have it held at the destination UPS location for pick-up. It is really easy. I just did it for a saddle that I sold where the buyer couldn't be there for the delivery (and had to have a signature as it was insured for a certain dollar amount). You could try calling to have this done -- I'm not sure how that works as I was at the other end of my saddle deal!