The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Reality show looking for families in equine businesses

This was just posted on our Bay Area horse forum. I wasn't sure if it was okay to copy the post, so I'm providing the link that shows all of the information:

http://members5.boardhost.com/chatbo...287514220.html

Here is an excerpt:

We are looking for dynamic personalities who run their own equestrian related business and are looking to pass the torch to the next generation. If you think that your family might fit the bill, we would love to hear more about your family-owned business. Or maybe your family owns a business and you have ventured into equestrian related work and want to finally prove to the family that the family business is just not for you.

“KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY” is an exciting new show from Donald Trump Productions and 44 Blue Productions for a MAJOR network! Each episode follows a real-life family who tries to convince their adult child to come back home and take over the family business. First week, they learn the business from the ground up; second week, they take over to run it their way. By the end of the experience, they must make a decision as to whether or not they’re ready to come back and KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY.

Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Anyone who's tempted to do it should check out the thread about the horse reality show Unstable.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=277043

Not to mention- Donald Trump Productions??

The production company responsible for casting (and for producing?) is called 44 Blue Productions. Check out their website and especially the other reality programs they have done before: http://www.44blue.com/

You need to like and be comfortable with this kind of programming before considering applying. Entertainment, and not of the deep and thoughtful kind, is the goal. Your family's pain/conflict/drama will be the core of this program so you must be okay with that.
    You also need to realize that the production will "take over" your life for however long they're proposing to film with you so you need to be extremely flexible and patient and willing during that time. You should also understand that you will have no input on how you're portrayed/come across in the end. It is highly unlikely that you will get to see your episode before the day it airs so be ready for surprises. Editing can go any which way and you may come out the hero or the fool

Yuk!
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Tamara, here is your chance for immortality. And residuals.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Tamara, here is your chance for immortality. And residuals.

G.
    ummm no...I just got called an insane horse abuser <paraphrase> for admitting I feed grain...

I could just imagine the national furor caused if a film crew was to be here a week and that would be with everyone being politically correct
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Lightbulb THOUGHTS

Money-more light on equine business-i am sure someone is out there going to do it- i wish i had the chance - more light on the equine world-more clients-more for your horses-horse people know where i am going with this...

No way would I do that!! Had that situation arise here where there was someone looking for people for that type of show. Someone suggested I do it and I told them they ahd lost their minds!

I have a close friend who is the DP for a few shows on Discovery and TLC. One of the writers is apparently "fascinated" by whatever the hell he has told her about me, and she wants to do a "story" on me. I told him not no but HELL no! There is no way on God's green earth I am going to be a fool on national television. I have enough trouble trying to not be a fool here on this BB - and I'm in control of the stupid edit button!

Not to mention, I may come across here online as extroverted, but I am not at all. I feel anxious for the people on those "reality" shows sometimes - I feel uncomfortable watching them have no privacy. It is very weird and unnatural. After being a PA on some small films, I can tell you that anything having to do with film/television is going to amount to a lot of repetitiveness, long days and yelling. I would not recommend this to anyone I like.

I can tell you that anything having to do with film/television is going to amount to a lot of repetitiveness, long days and yelling.
    Heck, sounds a lot like my job, and I'm a Chef!

NJR