The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Photographer at MDHT Starter trials

I know she had her info posted everywhere, but somehow I still managed to come home without it. Did anyone get her email?

Thanks!

I've got it, I'll send it to you via FB unless her mom (Dr. Doolittle) beats me to it.

I also have some random pics from the day. I will post them on the MDHT facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Beam Me Up View Post
    I know she had her info posted everywhere, but somehow I still managed to come home without it. Did anyone get her email?

Thanks!
    Please post it here when you find it, I didn't even know there was a photographer there!

diaphotojournalism@gmail.com

The photographer's e-mail She is having some computer problems (hard drive seized up over the weekend; had to buy a new one last night), but the pix should be downloaded (and sorted) by mid week.

If you are interested in seeing your proof(s), please e-mail her with a description of your horse and colors--she tried to get pinney shots of everyone, but it would help with the sorting! (Also keep in mind that there was "only one of her", so there won't be multiple jumps )

Some examples of her work can be viewed on her Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diana-...56987577655766
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I emailed her, thanks guys!
    And sorry about the hard drive--that's never fun.

Yes, thanks, what a PITA! She has loaded them and is sorting through them now, trying to attach numbers to photos to e-mail requests. She got quite a few good ones (I hope yours was one of them; what number were you?)

(Too funny, she said "I can't be responsible for the horse's jumping form", lol! It's tough to get good shots over the lower jumps, obviously, since they are just "stepping over". ) There are some priceless pix of riders getting left and such, good "learning shots"...(She will probably post the miscellaneous good shots that *weren't* requested by individual riders so that they can be viewed on her FB page, but is downloading some watermarking software first so that all of her proofs don't get stolen off the site.)

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I was #22 and #59.
    I would not be surprised if I am one of the "learning shots."

I was #22 and #59.
    I would not be surprised if I am one of the "learning shots."

We will look for you (she is working on homework, at present.) And yb, what was the pinney number of your girl on the bay? Diana missed horse # 35, somehow (and that rider had sent an e-mail query, so it was very frustrating when she couldn't find her; paperwork indicated that she missed jump 6, so don't know whether she got to the jump Diana was shooting? She took over 700 photos, and got just about every single rider. She is planning to try to get the proofs e-mailed out to people by tomorrow evening.)

COTHers: the Loch Moy photos are being sorted (thanks for your patience), and the photographer should be sending each person their photo to view via e-mail by sometime this weekend at the latest: she has gotten about 55 e-mails so far, so it's slow going. She didn't get great shots of everyone, but she got a *lot* of really good shots! (I would like to have her post the best ones on her Facebook Fan Page or the Loch Moy website, but she wants to get back to everyone who e-mailed her first.)

Beam Me Up: the shot of #22 wasn't optimal timing, but the one of #59 was pretty good! Your horse's front legs are "split", but otherwise everything looks quite nice (It was over the jump out/half coffin. Some of the horses must have left a stride out there , Diana's comment "they left from MARS!" In these cases, the back end of the horse isn't even visible in the frame.)

Awesome! Can't wait to see them!
    #22 did have a bit of a flier over the ditch, so I can only imagine what the out might have looked like.
    I don't remember #59 at that fence, BN didn't have the ditch, just the jump, which probably bodes well photo-wise.

(It was #22's first novice, and #59's first event, so anything that doesn't look terrifying I'd love to see!)

Awesome! Can't wait to see them!
    #22 did have a bit of a flier over the ditch, so I can only imagine what the out might have looked like.
    I don't remember #59 at that fence, BN didn't have the ditch, just the jump, which probably bodes well photo-wise.

(It was #22's first novice, and #59's first event, so anything that doesn't look terrifying I'd love to see!)
    Ah! That explains it...

Pretty good for a first event, since you just want them to complete and have a positive experience! (The photographer has been sick with a virus since last night, and stayed home from school today--but soldiered through the sorting process for a few hours today...By the end of the weekend, things should be squared away.)

Default Update

Sorry don't mean to be pushy I know she wasn't feeling well, but can we get an update on the progress. I personally haven't received any information since I emailed last Monday
    (18th), should I email info again?? Thanks

My apologies on her behalf, Yance (she is not on the COTH, which is why I am posting); she now has almost all of the photos edited and has most of them ready to send (has sent off a few already); unfortunately her schoolwork has to come first--and since she missed school due to illness, she was completely swamped yesterday and was only able to devote about 30 minutes to finishing and sending. (The photos were sorted by the weekend, and *should* have gone out.) Believe me, I have been reminding her of how unprofessional it is to make unrealistic promises! She should have thought ahead and anticipated how long it would take, giving herself a full 8-10 days, and also should have apprised competitors of this via e-mail! (She did respond to all 50 or so e-mails, individually, but hasn't had a chance to re-e-mail everyone, apologizing for the delay.)

SPF10, what was your pinney number? (Since you are being so patient, I will tell her to put you at the top of the list tonight )

I completely understand everyone's impatience (and have tried to explain this to her, being a rider myself, I am always anxious to see pix from a show, hoping that the photographer got something good of me and my horse...If you don't like it, don't buy it--not every pic is going to be perfect! She is "only one person", keep in mind, and she got shots of 148 out of 150 riders.)

The reason I posted here was to try to reach some of the riders so as to explain the delay (not to make excuses for my teenager.) Anyone else here have a teenager? Nuff said.

I remember the "good old pre-digital days" (not THAT long ago) when we would wait (usually a week or two) for proofs to be snail mailed to us. They would be in the form of a 3X5 with a hole punched in it, or a big red PROOF stamped across it, and if we liked it, we mailed them a check, and they mailed us the picture; this process often took up to 3 weeks. Nowawdays it's easy to get the pix out (if you are a pro) since you can download and sort and have a system; that said, even Brant Gamma often takes up to a week to get everything online for viewing.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and no need to be snarky...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post
    Nowawdays it's easy to get the pix out (if you are a pro) since you can download and sort and have a system; that said, even Brant Gamma often takes up to a week to get everything online for viewing.
    Well slap my grandma, that's a pretty brazen comment.

This just seems plain messy.

Thanks for the offer and the update, it was actually my daughter #94, chestnut mare, blaze, front coronets, roaning on her sides (don't know if you can see that)white at tailhead green jump vest/saddle pad/t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    Well slap my grandma, that's a pretty brazen comment.

This just seems plain messy.
    Brant does top quality work (and has her pix up in a very timely fashion), but even *she* might ocassionally have computer problems (or lots and lots of photos to process, like at the AECs.) Personally, I don't have a problem with waiting a little longer to get great shots that have been edited and cropped and that are frameworthy. (And I usually don't have to, of course, since she does this for a living and has a system in place. )

I have to say that I was THRILLED that we even had a photographer at the unrecognized horse trials! For a young photographer just starting out, I think she did a great job. I contacted her, and she got back to me right away and was very professional and friendly. She just emailed me my proof yesterday and it's fabulous!! How many photographers do you know who will email you your proof - not a link saying "Hello, competitor, proofs are now posted..." but a thoughtful personal email?

Plus, her prices are great.

Dr. Doolittle - tell your daughter she did a great job, and keep up the good work! Always happy to help support the young photographers, and hey, we're just happy to get good photos at these schooling shows!
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing