The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Migrating Moon xx (TB stallion) - info?

I stumbled upon this stallion and I like him. Anyone have a horse with him as a sire/dam-sire? I see many similarities with my TB gelding that has Buckpasser twice & Spy Song in the 4th via Crimson Satan, which is interesting to see (they do also share some other lines, like Turn To). I wish he was a bit younger...

http://www.pedigreequery.com/migrating+moon

Default I like him too

I think he is very nice...conformation is great too. A little weak on the dam line perhaps.

I was looking for more on him and found this guy where Migrating Moon used to stand. http://www.upsanddownsfarm.com/Indian%20Express.htm
    he has a great dam line too. PatO

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'd be scared to use Indian express, just because of the Indian Charlie. Not promising for long term soundness.

Quote Originally Posted by columbus View Post
    I think he is very nice...conformation is great too. A little weak on the dam line perhaps.

I was looking for more on him and found this guy where Migrating Moon used to stand. http://www.upsanddownsfarm.com/Indian%20Express.htm
    he has a great dam line too. PatO
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Viney, any insight on his pedigree minue the obvious Buckpasser & Spy Song ?

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

It's sterling top to bottom. Chance Shot is in AFR and Kluwall. Noholme is a great line from the wonderful Australian sire, Star Kingdom. Silver Buck has someone here who loves him dearly, but I can't quite remember who. Maxxtrot maybe. Miss Brief has serious international level show jumping descendants in the brothers Easy Doc (member of the Canadian Equestrian Team), his full brother Turn on The Sun (Member of the British Equestrian Team) and their brother Sundancer, who won the American Invitational twice and was second once, as well as winning Upperville and the GP of New York. she is dam of their damsire. She has another jumper, Make Me Smile, but I haven't researched him yet.

Of course Hail To Reason is a given. When the weakest line is a Tim Tam get, I'd say he'd definitely be worth looking into.

He's also got as much Hastings in the back as any horse I've seen lately.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Oct. 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

topside:love Silver Buck!
    bottom:like Noholme, don't see Crimson Satan (good source of soundness) up that close anymore.
    Overall...have not seen a pedigree that nice in a long time.
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/wild+by+design
    this was our TB stallion who had Silver Buck...though not as close up front.
    So where is this paragon of pedigree-ness that you found since he is not listed any more on the website PQ lists as his home?
    Last edited by camohn; Oct. 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Thumbs up Love him!!!

One of my favorite, easiest to train horses ever was Gemini Moon by Migrating Moon. She had Buckpasser on her dam's side, too. "Louise" was a gift to me from a dear friend who was dying of cancer. He got her, but she never even galloped, as my friend became ill so soon after getting her. Louise was super willing and gorgeous. She was slightly uphill, had a big ole butt, great hock angle, and good bone. She had a great mind, too. People always thought she was a warmblood.

Sadly, Louise was injured in a pasture accident. We had surgery on her leg, but ultimately, I had to have her euthanized. My poor girl was in too much pain to be a pature pet.

If I had the chance to get another Migrating Moon, I'd jump at it!
    Beth

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

They may not be many stallions and their offspring that I adore more than Medieval Man. Loved him, loved his look, loved every offspring that ever crossed my path (back in the 80's). Honestly, if I remember a not-so-famous stallion from that far back, chances are he sired stuff that was really not nice or really nice.

And Silver Buck was and always is a nice horse...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.