The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sport Horse Nation?

Has anyone listed a horse on Sport Horse Nation? did you get any feed back?

I've listed my TB gelding on equine.com and usea classifieds. (and will be putting him on my area classifieds, just haven't done it yet)

It seems like a lot of the prices of horses on SHN are on the higher side.. and he's not. I priced him for what I think he's worth in this market and considering other factors... So he's just under 10K (He has had some prelim experience, but it better suited for training and under... somewhat complicated, small, and has kind of funky confirmation... etc)

Do you think its worth my money to list him on SHN? (I'm on a budget, so I can't just list him everywhere)
    Where else would you suggest?
    Thanks!
    I've never sold a horse before. ):
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

I used dreamhorse.com when I was selling a while ago

I don't know anything about SHN... but I'm in your area...

I would definitely put him on the Area 8 website, it's free. Depending on what he's like and who you are trying to target him to, maybe the pony club site as well.

I've sold most of mine through word of mouth though...
    Proud former owner of a Wee Dee Trrr
    Proud half-owner of a Picasso Pony

I listed my $5k horse on Dreamhorse and Equine.com (15.2hh TB with Novice experience) and he took 7 months to sell... granted, that included the winter months. I got 10x more inquiries off Dreamhorse, but ironically the buyer actually came from Equine.

Hey Hey Mickey,

Someone called this post to my attention over the weekend but I didn't have time to get to it until now. I run SHN along with other members of the EN Team. We have horses of all prices on SHN, but we are always looking for horses in your price range. Please just email your classified to eventingnation@gmail.com with subject "Hey Mickey" and I will post it at no charge as a special courtesy to you. Selling that first horse is no fun! Please follow the format outlines on the SHN sidebar.

Regards, John

Quote Originally Posted by J3D1 View Post
    Hey Hey Mickey,

Someone called this post to my attention over the weekend but I didn't have time to get to it until now. I run SHN along with other members of the EN Team. We have horses of all prices on SHN, but we are always looking for horses in your price range. Please just email your classified to eventingnation@gmail.com with subject "Hey Mickey" and I will post it at no charge as a special courtesy to you. Selling that first horse is no fun! Please follow the format outlines on the SHN sidebar.

Regards, John
    Wow,
    Thank you! I'm emailing you his info right now.
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

I love SHN advertising...Prices are amazingly afforadble for the huge amount of AD space they give you.

My horses prices are always all over the place according to skill and amount of experiance. They are a DEFINATE in my experiance. Plus so accommidating to work with...

Default EN, SHN & John

are totally FIRST CLASS!

What a kind and generous thing to do, John. Be assured, that if I ever have a horse to sell, and I will recommend to all my friends as well to list their horses on your site!

I think SHN is an awesome site, and I have seen several horses on there for well under $10K. With as much exposure as Eventing Nation, you would think that SHN would be great place to post a horse with eventing experience or potential. There really isn't any other site like it besides the big sites like dreamhorse! BigEq and the Exchange don't have an "Eventing" category, which makes me mad.

I also love Horsetopia..
    My blog
    Follow me along my eventing journey! Complete with mishaps

Vegas! 'Nuff said.