The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Posted Reply from KPs/Today is the 4th anniversary of the murder of "Cowgirl Chic"

Today is the 4th anniversary of the morning I found my beautiful filly “Cowgirl Chic” murdered in my own back yard by Kenneth Ryan Peterson (of Houston) and Walter Williams. Please pray that these two (I can’t call them men) have not harmed anyone or anything else since and never will again. Rest in Peace “Chic”.
    ************************************************** ***Kenneth's father Reply to me today.
    Ms. McCrady,
    I am so very sorry you are still mourning for your horse. I wish there was a way to undo the hurt you suffered at the loss. The memories of this incident and its susequent consequences are painful to all- including my family

You are clearly very bitter still. Contacting members of my son's family and friends, making efforts to keep this painful incident conspicuous and preventing the past wounds from healing will not bring "Chic" back. I respectfully request you try to move on, and I will pray for your bitterness to subside and for God to lay His healing hand on you, inspiring forgiveness in your heart.

My son has tried to rebuild his life and is celebrating almost four years of sobriety. He paid his price in the legal system, served his parole, and is trying to get on with his life. For that, I am proud of him.

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Man_ac..._killing_horse

Pictures of "Cowgirl Chic"
    http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...owgirl%20Chic/
    Last edited by Manes&Tails; Oct. 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Trying to add photos that can be viewed

How awful that you had to experience this. Many hugs to you!
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!

I just read the article. That was horrible. I am sorry that you had to go through that. I wish the law would take crimes against animals more seriously.

I have goosebumps, what a horrible tragic unthinkable thing The behavior of humans never ceases to amaze and disgust me. Poor, poor Chic, I can't imagine what she must have gone through. I don't know how these animals deserve any more than the exact same end they gave your poor girl. There is a special place in the afterlife for filthy creatures like this. My sincerest condolences, I am sure she is waiting for you and you will be together again. I am just shocked beyond belief at this story

I remember this, had no idea that was your horse MT. My condolences to you, I remember the news reports and just utter shock at what happened.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

OMG!!! I read the article. The accused are monsters. How could they do such a thing?

My condolences, MT. This is a very tragic situation.

Quote Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
    OMG!!! I read the article. The accused are monsters. How could they do such a thing?

My condolences, MT. This is a very tragic situation.
    Thanks so much, I just had to post hoping it will help ease my pain of her pain, my heart is still suffering and my mind wont let go what she went through before she died. she was the most beautiful palomino that I waited for four years for her to be born. She was very special.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

There are just no words for that kind of atrocity.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Just keeping you in my thoughts today. Hoping that you find peace in the positive memories that you have.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Some people really are just not fit to be alive.

Where are these monsters now? Sure would like to get them alone and un-armed.

So sorry for you and the mare. And the cat. And the mothers of these sick f^($'s.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Quote Originally Posted by sisu27 View Post
    Some people really are just not fit to be alive.

Where are these monsters now? Sure would like to get them alone and un-armed.

So sorry for you and the mare. And the cat. And the mothers of these sick f^($'s.
    One lives in houston area and was on facebook until I tried to contact his girlfriend, now they are both off fb, but his family is still on fb just as happy and proud as can be of their killer son and brother.

Serial killer in the making. Did the judge ever require a psychiatric assessment and/or counseling to these killers?

I'm so very sorry for your loss, M&T. I can't imagine the nightmares that must haunt you because of this.

M&T, I simply cannot imagine. So sorry for what you've been through.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

You know, if people in this country took crimes against animals more seriously, the murder rate of humans would drop significantly. These psychos start killing animals and then move on to people. It's the classic story of the serial killers.

M&T, I cannot imagine the pain and anger you must feel on a daily basis. The fact that these complete lunatics are not in prison forever to be kept away from the public is just horrifying. I hope he one day gets what he deserves.

Just know your mare is happily grazing away in a bright green field somewhere in the next life. She is happy and at peace now, even though you are left to suffer. Wow, HUGS to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I am so sorry for your loss. Dealing with losing a loved one is challenging enough but when combined with savagery, it must be unbearable. My heart goes out to you.

I can't fathom what makes humans so callous and violent.

I am so sorry, how awful. No excuse for that trio to not be serving jail time and paying for the loss of your horse. The punk who wanted to get into medical school had drugs in his apartment so he didn't want to call the police??

I am so sorry for your pain.

Would you please post some pics of your filly from happier days? I would love to see them.

I am saddened and terrified that these sacs de merde are still living amoungst the unsuspecting public. Absolutely terrified! Good for you for trying to contact his girlfriend, she needs to know what she has to look forward to. Kinda fries your mind when you think that 19 y.o. dudes who had consensual sex with their 16 y.o. girlfriends have to report to everyone in their neighborhood, but BTK, jr. here just slips by until he finally gets caught hurting a person. M&T, I'm so sorry.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

So sorry for your pain.

Don't you wish we could just take all of these wastes of breathable air, tie them in a pen with a lot of really mean bulls or stallions, and let them get a taste of what they dole out to innocent animals. Being kicked, trampled, or gored to death by a horse or steer would be poetic justice.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

M&T, I think I wrote a letter to the DA about this.

This story still breaks my heart. I am so sorry.