The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manentail View Post
    I couldnt give a *()*& {edited} if he leases the barn, I am in a different section and it doesn't affect me in the least.
    Wait! What? You can't say that! Strike that comment!

Thats why I started this thread, not so people could draw conclusions and point fingers.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.
    Last edited by tidy rabbit; Oct. 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Frankly it dosn't phase me a bit that your pissed off cause I am 99% sure I will never meet you in real life, so I can just laugh.

Thank the lord feel free to continue to make a fool of yourself, you got my 2 cents. Best of luck with your future qh/draft crosses and finding another place to board all three horses and resulting whoops foals for free when barn owner gets a real tenant.

I return my free board favor in as many ways I can, lending grain/hay when he's out, mending things, feeding his horses when he's on vacation, and trying to keep the place as clean as humanly possible for one person.
    Oh pluuease. I could keep that place neater with 5 minutes a day and my pinky finger. I mean really, you didn't even have time to stand up the uprights and move the crap out of your way? At a farm where you supposedly were already thrown into a tractor? You are not doing anything but using this barn owner. And, on the other thread you state you pay board, so which is it? Free or paying boarder? And you want to buy the place on the other thread but on this thread you think it isn't good enough for a boarding business? Oi. I can see the next subject of Fugly..

I just couldn't see a business wanting to rent and entire isle wth no turnout available to them.
    Well yes. I totally see where you are coming from. If I, myself were to rent an entire Island, I'd expect enough room for some turn out as well. But if I were to rent an aisle, I might not. I'm shifty and unpredictable that way.

I don't know, Long Spot. Many people would pass on turn out when renting a isle so long as there a dude with a tray of potent chilled beverages close at hand.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Knowing my luck, it'd be this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.
    I gotta save this!!!!
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

This thread does get the entertainment award for the past several evenings!
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

And may I repeat, just once more . . .

I am EXTREMELY grateful that there was no internet and no BBs when I was a teenager. By the time there was a means of sharing my opinions, views, habits and mannerisms with the entire world, I was 30 and had at least outgrown the worst of my sophomoric stages. I keep waiting to lose the rest of them . . .
    Click here before you buy.

Okay, RubyFree's video made me laugh a little too hard for this early in the morning.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I return my free board favor in as many ways I can, lending grain/hay when he's out, mending things....
    Oh, so you're the one who patched the fence with baling twine, a ladder and a fallen branch.

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.
    Last edited by SmartAlex; Oct. 22, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAA! "We hunt in Packs" ROFLMAO

Hmmmm - never thought of it as hunting in packs but there is a camaraderie about it, c'est ne pas?

As for jumping cows - when I was a teenager, we had a Brahma bull that could easily CLEAR a 5' fence.

And he did so every. single. time. that we tried to separate him from the cows. He really didn't understand about wanting to control breeding/calfing times of year. He also had issues of entitlement.

He was a really cool bull, too. Used to feed him by hand (through the fence or off back of truck) and scratch between his horns.

He also used to charge the BIG (800 lb+) round hay bales, gore them and flip them over his back. He thought that was great fun.

Almost as much fun as the wackiness in this thread. And nowhere nearly as insane or entitled as the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

Haha! My Irish mare likes to charge round bales and body-check them. She hasn't anything to gore them with, though I'm sure she WOULD if she COULD.
    Click here before you buy.

I canNOT believe this thread still has a swear word it in. LOL!!!

Guess the usual suspects who report all posts haven't come here yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.
    COTH hilarity of the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Default umm

im so glad i read this thread because i needed a good laugh today! to keep with the theme, which seems to be insanity and rampant lack of tact:

only one thing i would say to the op- if you got thrown off your horse into a tractor in the "indoor" and still do not wear a helmet when riding alone, perhaps there was a head injury you are unaware of? please wear a helmet- always. its really not hard.

and i much prefer these to fence jumping bovines:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsWQ4kNG-w
    Jazz- 4.9.01 OTTB, loved since 12.6.09
    Skip- 3.3.91 APHA, i miss you buddy

HOLY CAMEL DRESSAGE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Hell with turnout... I'm so there!!