The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Lovad Guest

Hi there everyone.... Long time lurker has recently become active!

I recently heard that Genesis Farms in MA is no longer going to be run with David Olynik and Kristin Bumpus. I was wondering if anyone can verify this for me...

I'm from that area and Genesis has been a name for a long while. Does anyone know who will be running the facility from now on? And where David and Kristen will go?

Lovad Guest

Hi there everyone.... Long time lurker has recently become active!

I recently heard that Genesis Farms in MA is no longer going to be run with David Olynik and Kristin Bumpus. I was wondering if anyone can verify this for me...

I'm from that area and Genesis has been a name for a long while. Does anyone know who will be running the facility from now on? And where David and Kristen will go?

I guess long is a relative term.
    It's still Woodlock to me...
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Lovad Guest

David O is from the area if I am correct. I'm just wondering where he's off to... if anywhere? And who's taking over that operation, if anyone...

Hmm...hadn't heard that. Would also be curious for confirmation.
    ~*Kate*~
    Tufts Equestrian Team \"We\'ll Ride Anything\"

cruise Guest

David is going to work for Paul V. The Dana Hall gang is taking over

Lovad Guest

Wow! That's VERY exciting news for Paul AND David. I believe Paul taught him how to ride when he was a child!

Any word where Kristen will be?

Its also old news. This news broke about a week and a half ago. I am surprised it took til now for it to show up here http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Kristen is going north to the concord/acton area I believe.

Actually, Ed Little's first wife (I forgot her name) first taught David O. to ride. They lived in Sharon or Stoughton. Ed and his sister were "fostered" by my uncle when he had jumpers and his wife had saddlebred's (known back then as saddle horses).

But I digress......

OOOPpsss...I forgot to say hi to my Stalkers: Gossipstarter and 2horses13.
    Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

David and Sandy grew up in Sharon, and both they and Kristen rode with Paul V., as did Krisanna Onorato. Nicole Gokey Olinyk rode with Lauren Stevens, as did Erin Renfroe and Kristina Watkins (who's now an eventer).

So, Cookie Shirley is going to the Genesis facility? She's been at Dana Hall as long as I can remember (more than 20 years). Oh, and I, too, remember when it was Woodlock, or, as we used to call it, "Focused on Excellence." http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Haha...the only pros who didnt ride with Paul V rode with Marion H.

OK...that's a really all-encompasing statement, but you get the point http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

I'm having a mental block. I rode with David and Sandy, and their other brother, what was his name!

Anyone know if Bittersweet is moving to another location? I saw the farm is for sale...

I was under the impression that Sandy is Davids wife? What about the Greens? Hope everything is OK and this is just a horsey thing!
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Sandy is David's older sister and now editor of The Practical Horseman. Greens are fine and staying on.

Lovad Guest

I guess we should watch for David at the Big Ring at WEF!

Good luck to Cookie. Is she leaving Dana Hall, or taking on Genesis as an additional project?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nauset:
    Anyone know if Bittersweet is moving to another location? I saw the farm is for sale... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting.....Anne and I had joked years ago of me buying it when it was for sale. Her husband is older and recovering nicely from health issues so maybe its just time to do something else or settlw back and enjoy some quiet times. Its not an easy business and doesnt make for a lot of time for family. I grew up with Anne and lived at their house for many summers back in the day.

Lot of changes in the NE area....

What is Kellie going to do? She has run Davids barn for 4 or 5 years

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nicole Gokey Olinyk rode with Lauren Stevens, as did Erin Renfroe and Kristina Watkins (who's now an eventer).
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erin's an eventer now too! Remember Beth Addelsberger who rode with them too?

Speaking of Woodlock... whatever happend to Arlyn? Does she still ride and show? Such talent!

I believe Arlyn is in CA (so she can drive her Miata year-round) and I'm pretty sure she still rides, although I dont think she shows