The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

EquiTrain Guest

Talking **Horse Training Book Questions

I have been asked to possibly put together a series of books on horses and training. My feelings on the subject are that there is a lot books on the subject of training, problem solving, breaking etc. But that they are too generic. The offer minimal and basic information. So I guess my question would be, if you were in the market for a new fancy horse book. What would you want to read about specifically?? I would like to do different books on such topics as Stallion training, lessons at home, showing, breaking and more. I've gotten some great ideas, such as putting together a book, for experienced riders who want to train their own horses, but that seems too vague to me. Anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

well, i don't think you can make it too detailed because horses aren't cut and paste.... laying down theory with a few examples would be sufficient

also, for me, i always go back to my classic texts and really only look for more updated info on things like feed/vet care, etc.

and, i really only will look at a book if it is written by someone who is an acknowledged pro in their field with verifiable experience doing what i want to learn more on.

good luck on your project

EquiTrain Guest

Thank you MBM Those are some great points It'll be quite the project I know that lol