The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bluebonnet Horse Expo - this weekend (Austin, TX)

The 4th Annual Bluebonnet Horse Expo is almost here! It will be held on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at the Travis County Expo Center in Austin, Texas.

The Expo is an exciting, family-friendly day full of learning, education and horses. We have a full schedule of great clinics/demos including training, different styles of riding, horse care and more.

We’ll have a great vendors’ area for shopping, a sale of new and used tack, farm & ranch items, and horse/ranch themed jewelry, art-work and home décor, over sixty rescue horses on hand to meet the public and the second annual Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Challenge.

All funds raised at the Bluebonnet Horse Expo benefit the horses, donkeys and mules of Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society. This event draws people from across the state of Texas and beyond, and we need your help to make it a success.

For more information on the Expo or to become a sponsor, vendor, or donor, please visit our website at http://www.bluebonnethorseexpo.com, email us at info@bluebonnethorseexpo.com or call (888) 542 5163.

We look forward to seeing you at the Expo!

PS. If you make it, look for me -I'll be the one running in 500 directions at once, looking a wee bit stressed.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Well, looks like you will have lovely weather for it.

I will be in the area watching a pony go.. I will totally try an swing over.. time permitting

The weather is supposed to be stunning. Last year, a cold front came through and it was miserable weather (we still had a good time, but we almost froze having a good time ).

I've got 2 1/2 more days to get ready... and have way too much to get done still. (Set up takes all day Friday...)

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

We will be there! Can't wait and I will have DD with me.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Bummer I'll miss it, I've got an appt Saturday afternoon so it'd be too hard to get there and back in time! Oh well. Good luck, have fun!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

I have a box of stuff I meant to send you earlier for the auction (including a brand-new corner feeder) but I never made it to the post office.

If you're still accepting stuff and we can figure out a way to get it to you (someone from Houston who is going up there that I could get it to or who could pick it up?), it's all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyVagrant View Post
    If you're still accepting stuff and we can figure out a way to get it to you (someone from Houston who is going up there that I could get it to or who could pick it up?), it's all yours.
    Drop me an email at jenn @ bluebonnethorseexpo dot com and I'll see if someone can meet you in the Houston area.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyVagrant View Post
    I have a box of stuff I meant to send you earlier for the auction ... but I never made it to the post office.
    Gah, I did the same thing, I'm sorry to say. Had things all set to go, and then things got crazy around here, one of my horses had to go to the vet school, and everything else pretty much got set on the back burner.

Since I'm nowhere near, I'll just have to hang onto it for next year, I guess. Normally I'd send a cash donation to make up for my memory lapse, but I'm still choking on vet bills.

I'm sorry, just bad timing around here.

Best of luck to you and your organization at the event!
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

bump

Hope to see several of you there. I'm getting ready to head out before long to start setting up. We're going to have fabulous weather and it is going to be an excellent time.