The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone know Flying Leap Farm - Laurie Schidlt?

This farm seems to have an abundance of ponies. Is anyone familiar with them or has purchased successfully from them? Please feel free to PM me. Thanx

Well the main stallion SHENANDOAH GAMEKEEPER hasn't been shown at a USEF recognized event in at least 5 years. http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Searche...ltsReport.aspx at least not under that name. Not sure what year he was National Champion. I am also not finding any show records for any of the ponies listed on the site. From the News and Events page I think the site hasn't been updated in a few years. If you are really interested call her up and take your measurement stick and appropriate rider with you.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Make sure if buying a registered pony from her, that you have the papers in hand at time of sale.

I haven't delt with her so my advise is really just here-say, but a mare I got from someone else apparently had a legal issue with that farm.

Mare was sold on the pretense she was a registered welsh... come to find out not registered and no ability to get registered.

Now granted the mare I got, they said I am more then welcome to try and see if the farm will give me the mare's information (at least the sire/dam pedigree)... but didn't work for the people I got the mare from, so likely not worth it for me to try.
    Home of Janas Kernel of Independence and Doolittle's Pride N'Joy.
    http://bittersweethorsefarm.com

Default good news

Looks like Flying Leap found this thread. Laurie contacted me and is going to help me found out information on my welsh mare that came from her farm. Woohoo!

Hopefully my post wasn't too negative to anyone - I apologize if it was. Just was trying to be helpful/give caution to the OP.

Word of advise... try. Don't go by here-say from past owners like I was.
    Home of Janas Kernel of Independence and Doolittle's Pride N'Joy.
    http://bittersweethorsefarm.com