The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MTB search...

This past weekend I had dinner with the breeders of Mine That Bird. I told them about the ad that was listed, as a joke, about getting him a jockey for the Belmont I believe and they laughed and wanted to see it. I tried to search for it without any luck. Does anyone know where I can find it...
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Default Here ya go

Post subject: Ad on Craig's List. "Good Things Come in Small Packages"
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    World Class Athelete seeks partner for thrills, chills, big bucks and maybe a good neck rub or two (I'll miss Mike). I'm cute (some people say adorable), fit and ran the fastest last quarter of the Kentucky Derby since You Know Who!

I know that somewhere, out there in the racing world, there's the right jockey for me. Could it be you?

Patience is a must. I start slow but once I get going--let me put it this way--you'll never forget the ride!

Experience at winning mile and a half grade one races preferred, but I'll accept the common sense to just get the hell out of my way and let me do my thing. Wusses need not apply--you point me there and baby, I'm going--even if it looks like we are about to be turned into a horse and jockey sandwich by a couple of 17 hand brontosauruses in blinkers.

Must absolutely love the idea of destroying the egos of horses that cost more than the national debt of some 3rd world countries with a horse that originally cost less than a used Toyota. Better yet, must love the idea of destroying the egos of the jokers who shelled out more than more than the national debt of some 3rd world countries for these losers with a horse that originally cost less than a used Toyota.

Long term relationship preferred but will accept a one race stand. If you can't be in New York, ready to go, on June 6, 2009 don't even bother to respond to this ad. Seriously, I'm starting to get a complex about this.

I'd love it if you'd be willing to relocate to New Mexico but I'm willing to accept a committed long distance relationship.

Please send picture and resume to my trainer, chipwooley@ridethebird.com. Or, you know what, that cowboy hasn't exactly done me much good in the long term relationship department. Contact me directly at mindthatbird@ridethebird.com.

Let's make history together.

As for a certain filly and that two-timing Cajun--I'll see you at Belmont--you, me, my new jockey and the Big Sandy.

Thanks, I think they would love this.... :-)
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"