The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I'm So Excited!!!

My youngest sister has her first riding lesson tomorrow! Right now, I'm the only rider in my family, but I'm slowly getting my sisters into it. I made my other sister go on a trail ride with me on vacation and now she's actually interested in riding. And since my youngest sister is always at the barn with me, wanting to help out and ride, I encouraged my parents to sign her up for a lesson.

Anyone else "converting" family members?!

Have fun! I got my nieces in to it many years ago!!
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

Enjoy ~ sounds like a grand idea ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Have fun!

My mom has ridden since she was a kid.
    Dad has no interest in *riding* but does love feeding them carrots

Congrats! Its so nice when other family members ride My dad rode when he was little and is my "groom" and when I hack he knows enough to tell me what I need to do to correct stuff My mom on the other hand will drive me, but is nervous around horses other than giving them treats, and then my sister rode for a little bit, but has since quit I have however, converted many of my friends

That is fantastic that your family members can all enjoy the same sport. Though I must admit, the first thing that went through my mind was "oh, the poor parents and their bank account".

I don't have quite enough "sane" horses for my whole family to enjoy. However, we have found a happy medium: boys=dirt bikes, girls=horses and every once in a while we swap.

Riding is really enjoyable when you have someone to share it with. Have fun!