The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default De Feiner Star Made Chestnut with Chrome the New Black Yesterday in The Dixon Oval!!!

Congratulations to "De Feiner Star" by DeLaurentis on a Fantastic Dressage at Devon performance yesterday!!! He made chestnut with chrome be the hot color in the Dixon Oval yesterday!

DeFeiner Star won the 4yo Stallion in Hand Class, was CHAMPION in hand Stallion & Reserve Champion Mature Horse w/ Michael Bragdell. The highlight of the day was his impressive performance under saddle. He won the 4 &5yo Stallion Materiale class with rider/trainer Christopher Schruefer of Hi-Star Farms who has this stallio...n going impeccably under tack. Congratulations to Star's owners, Greg Strait and his partner, Roger.

De Feiner Star is the full brother to 2 of our hunters in tha barn, "Drum Roll Please" & "Drum Talk" & also a half brother to our "Sinsational Fox" who was Best Yearling at Devon in the spring. All of these horses were bred by Meg Sherman of EquiStar Farm and out of her lovely mare, Feiner Dance. These horses are all by High Point Hanoverian stallions. I hope Angela Barilar is still up there smiling from yesterday.

Best Wishes to De Feiner Star and all of his connections! This boy has a bright future ahead of him!!!!
    Last edited by MagicHillFarm; Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
    * Magic Hill Farm, LLC
    www.MagicHillFarmLLC.com
    "Bridging the Gap Between the Hunter Breeding and Performance Rings in the US"

Default Can't Forget Grande Sovereign!

Grande Sovereign also added some bling to DAD yesterday! This lovely stallion was 2nd in the 4yo & older Stallion hand class and looked spectacular... He is by Grande Saber. Congratulations to owner/breeder Joan Watt, trainer Jill Johnson at Hunters Peak and groom Alexis Mackey.

The chestnuts were definitely "lighting up" the Dixon Oval yesterday!
    Last edited by MagicHillFarm; Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
    * Magic Hill Farm, LLC
    www.MagicHillFarmLLC.com

Great results - congrats! Love to hear about the redheads "glowing" in the show ring!

Congrats to De Feiner Star, Meg, and also to everyone at High Point Farm with their gorgeous stallions. Congrats as well to Maryanna Haymon for winning the Breeders Group! Thanks for posting, Magic Hill Farm!

Thumbs up

Big congratulations to Meg Sherman, Greg Strait, Melinda and all de feiner ster's trainers and handlers. This boy has been a skyrocketing superstar!
    And also big congratulations to Maryanna on further recognition of her excellent breeding program.
    Hugs and cheers all around!

Aach - love that baby picture. I bet Meg knew right away that he was special.

Absolutely stunning stallion!! Congrats to his connections, he has an unlimited future.

Ok, I have a DeLaurentis mare with a star and one sock.Where did all that bling come from?

Congratulations!!!! pictures???? would love to see him.

Here is a write up on Dressage Daily with pics. You see De Feiner Star as he is now when you scroll down the page.

http://www.dressagedaily.com/index.p...010&Itemid=437

We had the pleasure of raising this young stallion til age 3 and really ... what a mind.

So thrilled for his owner Greg and breeder Meg.
    Last edited by Lesley Feakins; Oct. 1, 2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: missed the link
    www.trevelyanfarm.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tre...1609022?ref=ts
    Breeders of Sport Horses & New Forest Sport Ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post
    Ok, I have a DeLaurentis mare with a star and one sock.Where did all that bling come from?
    Furioso II.

My first Feiner Stern foal had a blaze and four high whites. The mare had a tiny star, two short socks, and one anklet. The Oldenburg inspector laughed when she saw the foal and said - "Ah, a little Furioso II."

He sure is fancy! But then again I'm a sucker for a chestnut with lots of chrome. I'd take ten that look just like him!
    Guess the DeLaurentis X Wanderkoenig I'm expecting next year won't have all that bling...bummer! Hopefully the chrome comes through for my Furst Impresssion X Feiner Stern though!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post

Apparently Meg's mare, Feiner Dance, used up all the bling on her first foal De Feiner Star....I have his 2 full siblings in the barn and 1/2 sibling. The most we have is a star and little coronets on the hinds...all were dark brown too! They all look like carbon copies of each other though, it's really incredible.
    * Magic Hill Farm, LLC
    www.MagicHillFarmLLC.com

Default What a ride.

Lesley, Emily, Meg, Regina, Christopher, Shelly, Roger, Micheal, and everyone who make Devon possible. Thank You! It was so fun to share this day together, you all have been so good to me and Star these last 4 years in very tough times we have gone down this road together in support of what we love the most These blessed beautiful horses.
    Christopher you and Star are such a good match Lesley Feakins thank you for making this happen. Christopher the care you give Star is so fabulous.

Thanks, so much.
    Gregory

I'm so happy this horse is succesful. We need a good Stallion with Feiner Stern blood in the USA!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicHillFarm View Post
    Grande Sovereign also added some bling to DAD yesterday! This lovely stallion was 2nd in the 4yo & older Stallion hand class and looked spectacular... He is by Grande Saber. Congratulations to owner/breeder Joan Watt, trainer Jill Johnson at Hunters Peak and groom Alexis Mackey.

The chestnuts were definitely "lighting up" the Dixon Oval yesterday!
    Thanks for the post..I am thrilled Sovie was so good for his championship classes!

Grande Sovereign showed this year as a 12 yr old. It was a return trip to DAD for him. A few years ago he suffered a fractured tail in his stall sometime after he was groomed unfortunately it was not dedected until he entered the ring. So Sovie was back to show his lovely presence & movement a bit older than the typical stallion. He was very comfortable coming in the Dixon Again! A class act all the way!

Thanks to Abe Pugh his handler and the many loyal friends of Sovie's fan club!

It was a shame the weather deteriorated...
    we had to scratch from the RPSI class on Thursday...
    What's Devon without a downpour??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRANDE SOVEREIGN  DAD 2010.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	30940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9291166.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	30941  
    Last edited by TWF; Oct. 5, 2010 at 01:49 AM.
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire