The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Fremont, Ca, USA

Default Affordable Barn Packages?

We are looking into getting our own property, and most likely it wont already have a horse barn on it. I'd like to put at least a 4 stall barn with a center aisle on whatever we buy. It doesn't has to be anything fancy, but it does has to be good quality/safe.

What companies/products do you love? How much did you pay for your barn? Did you assemble it yourself, or have a contractor do it? We can do all the site work to prepare for it to be built ourselves, so hopefully that will help with cost a bit.

Thanks in advance!!
    My horse isn't dead broke, but my wallet is!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Try looking at Home Depot's CAD for pole buildings. The package plans include everything: lumber, metal sheathing, fasteners, etc.
    You can design your own, adding options and come up with a complete package price.

Home Depot here also sells stall components so you could conceivably build your own barn.

I can't help you with pricing. I ended up using a local builder that specialized in horse barns and my total cost is 6 years out of date.
    As best I recall, the packages I was looking at from HD ran about $15K for a 3-stall center aisle plan. That cost did not include any site prep, just materials for the pole building.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015