The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Karen O'Connor clinic in MD

Needs 7 more riders or they will postpone it! I'm all registered for it and I'd really like it to happen. 2 day clinic, stabling available. Its in brandywine, MD. check it out: http://www.hideawayhorsecenter.com/upcomingevents.html

Thanks. I will try and sign up.
    \"A smart lady knows its ok to change her mind, a damn fool never does\"

Default i will

can i enter my ottb who has only gone beginner novice.

I would guess your clinic entries may be low as it's the same weekend as Waredaca's event...which would likely draw a lot of potentially interested people.

What level does the clinic go up to? I may know a couple of Training or Prelim riders who might be interested...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    can i enter my ottb who has only gone beginner novice.
    Wookie it would be a GREAT opportunity for a young horse, I am sure. What are you doing that weekend? Maybe I'll join in?! Convince me!

Could anyone please give an honest assessment of the cross country available there? What are the levels and how much stuff at each level to utilize? As much description as possible. I've never been there and I see it's close by! Now I am seriously interested!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

HHCteam Guest

I'm the owner of Hideaway who is hosting the clinic...it's going to be a wonderful clinic if we can get more registries or we'll have to try again in the Spring.
    We are currently building new cross country jumps that I have been personally working on, we will have low level simple tire, log, and fence jumps as well as higher level 3 step bank, and higher/wider jumps set up. If you have suggestions on something, please let me know... Hopefully I will get most of them complete this weekend and will be opening up the courses for open schooling to anyone registered who would like to school before the clinic for a small fee.
    Please personally email me at apriltravis7@gmail.com if you have anymore questions and to let me know that you are sending in registry so that I have a count sooner than later.
    Thanks!
    April

HHCteam Guest

Karen is also doing her famous bridle less riding demonstration on her own horse one of the days of the clinic weekend!